Do you want to develop your communication and basic counselling skills, improve your wellbeing and ability to support others?
Come along to the FREE Talk for Health Tea & Taster session. Join us for tea, cake and an opportunity to:
- Learn about Talk for Health programme
- Get an introduction to basic counselling skills
- Have a brief experience of participating in peer support to see if it's right for you
- Improve your confidence
- Meet students from across London, develop friendships and feel more connected
- Meet other students looking to improve their wellbeing/with experience of mental ill-health
- Meet students interested in promoting and campaigning for better student mental health
- Talk to students who participated in a past Talk for Health peer development programme
- Meet a member of the Mental Health team here at City and learn about support available
This is a great chance to improve your confidence, wellbeing management and basic counselling skills to support your personal and professional development.
If you enjoy the taster and are interested in continuing to develop these skills or in participating in an ongoing peer support group:
- You can attend a FREE 2-day training programme and receive a certificate of attendance
- You will be given the option of joining a student-led peer support group.
Training programme dates: Saturdays 17th and 24th October 11am-5pm.
Not sure if you'll be able to make it or missed out on signing up? Drop in to the event at any time.
More information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this event
When & where
1.45pm - 4.00pmWednesday 7th October 2015