This event is for students and staff of City University London only
Registration and placement tests for free language courses will take place at the Language Fair on
Thursday 25th September 11am to 4pm - Room A108 (College Building, first floor)
Friday 26th September 11am to 4pm - Room C150 (Tait Building)
Free language courses at City University London
The Centre for Language Studies offers free language courses to all students and staff at City. The courses are designed to develop and improve your language competencies from beginner level up to advanced.
They are general purposes courses, designed for you to learn Arabic, French, German, Mandarin and Spanish in the context of day-to-day life in these five languages. If you successfully complete the language course, you will be given a language certificate from the University but the language options do not count towards your degree.
Information about the courses:
• Arabic and Mandarin are taught at Beginner level
• French, German, Spanish are taught at Beginner, Lower & Upper Intermediate and Advanced levels
• Four skills are trained and developed: speaking, listening, reading and writing comprehension
• The studied topics are related to the world of day-to-day life of the target country
• Work on language structure to be able to do presentations, orally or in a written format
• Cultural knowledge related to the target language
Registration and online placement tests
To assess your level of competence so that you can study your target language at the right level - will take place at the Language Fair on Thursday 25th September in room A108 (College Building, first floor) and Friday 26th September in room C150 (TAIT Building, first floor) from 11.00 - 16.00. It is a drop-in session and you may take the test on either of those days. Please bring your University computer log-in and password to the fair.
Please be reminded that this test is not an examination; it is only designed to find your level of linguistic competence at this point in time.
Share this event
When & where
From Thursday 25th September 2014 to Friday 26th September 2014
Centre for Language Studies
College Building, room A129F
St John Street