About the event
- Do you believe that your research has commercial potential?
- Are you considering commercial impact of your ideas?
Come and join us for a lunch time session designed to familiarise you with the intricacies of protecting the University Intellectual Property.
This seminar will be an excellent opportunity to hear from Mark Milhench, Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and Managing Director on First Thought IP, and ask him questions about how intellectual property produced by you and your colleagues can be effectively managed.
Benefits of patenting
- Kudos in a similar vein to a publication
- Possibility to use the patent to attract further funding for research contracts from third parties
- Potential for generating personal income from commercialisation of your idea
- Impact case study for the next REF.
Areas of focus
The focus will be on the practical aspects of protecting innovations, including:
- Mechanisms for protecting your ideas and inventions, and benefits of doing so
- Identifying the relevant intellectual property rights
- Understanding the various options for protection
- Understanding subsequent exploitation.
Who should attend?
The seminar is suitable for anyone involved in creating or commercialising research.
12:00 Lunch (Sandwich lunch will be provided)
12:15 Welcome and introduction, Dr Carol David Daniel, Head of Technology Transfer, City Enterprise
12:30 Intellectual Property protection, Mark Milhench, Chartered Patent Attorney, First Thought IP
14:00 Seminar finishes
College building room AG11
Programme is subject to change.
Share this event
When and where
12.00pm - 2.00pmWednesday 24th September 2014
Your call to City University's form service returned an unexpected HTTP status of:404
Please contact our web team and we'll do our best to help you ASAP.