The OECD is pleased to invite you to the launch of the latest edition of its annual "Pensions Outlook 2014" report.
The new report explores the crucial and far-reaching challenges that pension systems are currently facing. The present economic environment, characterised by low returns on investment, low growth and low interest rates is compounding the problems posed by population ageing by creating sustainability problems for pay-as-you financed public pensions, solvency issues for defined benefit plans and adequacy challenges for defined contribution pensions.
It scrutinises the impact of the financial crisis on pension reform while highlighting key areas where further change should be considered to strengthen the regulatory framework overall.
Key speakers include:
Pablo Antolin, Principal Economist and Head of Pension Unit at the OECD Financial Affairs Division
- Responding to the challenges posed by population ageing and longevity risk
- Pension communication: Pension statements and national campaigns
- Post-crisis pension reforms
Stephanie Payet, Pension Analyst, OECD Financial Affairs Division
- Saving for retirement and the role of private pension provision in retirement readiness
- Increasing private pension coverage and automatic enrolment schemes: Evidence from six OECD countries
The event takes place at Cass Business School, 106 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8TZ.
Places are limited. Please respond at your earliest convenience to Fay Israsena:firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this event
When & where
9.30am - 12.00pmMonday 8th December 2014