- Thursday 26th September, 11.00 - 16.00 - Room A108 (College Building, first floor)
- Friday 27th September, 11.00 - 16.00 - Room AG08 (College Building, ground floor)
The Centre for Language Studies is offering free language courses to all staff and students at City. The courses are designed to improve your language competencies from lower intermediate level up to advanced.
They are general purposes courses, designed for you to learn French, German or Spanish in the context of day-to-day life in these three languages. If you successfully complete the language course, you will be given a language certificate from the University but the language options do not count towards your degree.
Information about the courses:
- Languages taught: French, German and Spanish
- Levels taught: Lower-Intermediate; Upper Intermediate; Advanced
- Four skills are trained and developed: speaking, listening, reading and writing comprehension
- The studied topics are related to the world of day-to-day life of the target country
- Work on language structure to be able to do presentations, orally or in a written format
- Cultural knowledge related to the target language
An Online placement tests - to assess your level of competence so that you can study your target language at the right level - will take place at the Language Fair on Thursday 26th September in room A108 (College Building, first floor) and Friday 27th September in room AG08 (College Building, ground floor) from 11.00 - 16.00. It is a drop-in session and you may take the test on either of those days. Please bring your log-in and pass word to the fair.
Please be reminded that this test is not an examination; it is only designed to find your level of linguistic competence at this point in time.
For more information contact Svenja Erich.
Share this event
When & where
From Thursday 26th September 2013 to Friday 27th September 2013
Centre for Language Studies
College Building, room A129F
St John Street