Admission Price: £875 +VAT
Positive psychology is a scientific discipline monitoring the behaviours and attitudes that lead to success in business and wellbeing in life generally.
This masterclass looks at how to use Positive psychology to create businesses and organisations which are more productive, innovative and profitable; and employees who are happier, more motivated and higher performing.
The key concepts in positive psychology will be explained and illustrated with numerous business case studies and examples.
Practical tools and techniques will be given which will enable participants to implement what has been learned immediately and to develop and maintain the benefits of positive psychology within their organisation.
About Positive Psychology
Positive psychology looks at the attitudes and behaviours that lead to success in business, and wellbeing in life generally. It can be used as a driver of change within an organisation, as a lens for identifying the kind of organisation that we can strive towards, and as a means for achieving change effectively and harmoniously.
The discipline, which is about 15 years old, analyses and models the behaviours of people who perform outstandingly in their fields. It uses the same rigorous scientific methodology as other branches of psychology.
Positive psychology is receiving increasing attention and application in a variety of fields including business, social policy and management and has become the most heavily subscribed course at Harvard Business School.
The masterclass will cover the major findings and developments within the field and explain their application to business.
- What is positive psychology - the background to the discipline and how it differs from 'traditional' psychology
- Positive psychology in organisations - how positive psychology can help to create effective, productive, profitable organisations in which people flourish
- Enabling institutions - why some organisations foster success and high performance better than others
- Positive psychology and change management - how to define a better organisation and lead change to achieve it
- Pleasure and positive experience - understanding the different types of pleasurable and positive experiences that people can have and the conditions that enable them
- Happiness - what it is and how it is linked to improved performance
- Positive thinking - why attitude is so important to both performance and wellbeing
- Character strengths - how to identify our own character strengths and those of others and how to ensure that these are used most effectively
- Values - identifying what is important to us, our colleagues and customers and ensuring that the way we conduct business is congruent with these values
- Interests, abilities and accomplishments - how to identify our core skills and those of others and how to use them to maximise performance
- Wellness - understanding the importance and the effect on performance of staying healthy, psychologically and physically
- Positive interpersonal relationships - how to create and lead effective teams
Tools and techniques will be given demonstrating how to apply positive psychology in order to:
- Enable both managers and employees to show leadership and bring about positive change
- Help people to thrive in conditions of flux and change
- Help individuals perform better at work
- Have a happier and more motivated workforce
- Improve productivity and quality
- Be more creative and understand customers' needs better
- Work well in teams
- Reduce absenteeism
Professor Patrick W. Jordan
- World renowned expert in positive psychology and business
- Consultant to many of the world's most successful companies, including: Starbucks, Microsoft, Samsung, Gillette, P&G, Unilever, Siemens, Philips, Nokia, Ferrari, Renault, Nissan, HSBC, Lloyds, RBS/NatWest, Direct Line, Churchill, Motability, Traidcraft, Goodwood, Autoglass, Arriva Trains, Mars
- Policy advisor to UK government from 2000-2010 in wide variety of areas including: business and innovation, education, crime and policing, health, transport, social security
- Honorary Chair in Creativity and Innovation at City University London; Honorary Chair in Sociology at University of Surrey
- Formerly held chairs at Carnegie-Mellon University and University of Leeds
- Author of nine bestselling books on psychology and business strategy. The latest is The Principles of Success.
- Speaker on the topic of positive psychology and business at conferences, seminars and corporate events all over the world
- Led a review project summarising the outcomes of the first 15 years of positive psychology
- PhD in psychology
- Diplomas (UK Level 3)in Neuro-linguistic programming and life coaching
Date and Cost
The masterclass will take place from 9 am until 6 pm on Wednesday 26 June 2013.
The price is £ 875 + VAT including lunch.
Share this event
When & where
9.00am - 6.00pmWednesday 26th June 2013