Admission Price: Free
The meeting will focus on translational research using neurophysiology (from in-vitro slice to EEG, MEG and related techniques) and its application (including treatment) in schizophrenia. Talks will be given by several internationally prominent UK researchers with differing but complimentary approaches to the study of the neurophysiological basis of cognition.
Speakers will include:
- Professor Miles Whittington (York)
- Dr Mark Cunningham & Fiona Lebeau (Newcastle; animal studies of the cellular basis of oscillatory activity)
- Professor Joanna Neill (Manchester; animal behaviour models of schizophrenia)
- Professor Bill Deakin (Manchester; human pharmacological models of schizophrenia)
- Professor Krish Singh (Cardiff; expert in MR-spectroscopy, measuring GABA)
- Professor Veena Kumari (Institute of Psychiatry)
- Dr Corinna Haenschel (City University London).
The event is organised by Dr Corinna Haenschel and supported by the Department of Psychology and the Cognitive Neuroscience Research Unit (CNRU).
This event is free. If you are interested in attending please send an email to CNRUlab@googlemail.com to register.
Follow CNRU on twitter @CNRU_City for news and updates on the event.
Share this event
When & where
10.00am - 3.00pmTuesday 8th January 2013