Prize-winning author Will Self joins a panel discussion on the difficulties inherent in translation, with particular reference to Franz Kafka and his short story A Country Doctor.
- Will Self, author (below)
- Dr Anthea Bell, translator
- Dr Joyce Crick, translator
- Dr Karen Seago, Director, MA Translating Popular Culture, City University London
- Chair: Amanda Hopkinson, Visiting Professor in Literary Translation, City University London
Portrait of Will Self by Valerie Bennett
The Space is a new free digital arts service developed by Arts Council England in partnership with the BBC to promote arts and culture. One of the digitally-formulated arts projects to be hosted on The Space is a literary essay written by Will Self and commissioned by the London Review of Books.
Join us as eminent translators and academic specialists, led by Amanda Hopkinson, help Will Self - a non-German reader - with the complexities of Kafka's German.
Share this event
When & where
5.00pm - 7.00pmThursday 31st May 2012
Centre for Creative Writing, Translation and Publishing
City, University of London
T: +44 (0)20 7040 8266 (Translation)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Translation) email@example.com (Publishing)
Sorry, this form is not yet available.