The focus of the conference is the publication of a report, commissioned by the Diversity Team of Arts Council England, and produced by the art journal Third Text, 'Beyond Cultural Diversity: The Case for Creativity, a Third Text Report, compiled and edited by Richard Appignanesi'.
The conference will feature a range of cross-disciplinary specialists participating in a public discussion.
The speakers are:
- Lord Bhikhu Parekh, political theorist, Centennial Professor, London School of Economics
- Hassan Mahamdallie, Senior Strategy Officer, Arts Council England
- Munira Mirza, Mayoral Consultant on Arts and Culture, Greater London Authority
- Victoria Walsh, Head of Public Programmes, Tate Britain
- Özkan Gölpinar, Programme Manager, 'Art Beyond Borders', FondsBKVB, Amsterdam
- Professor Kitty Zijlmans, Director 'World Art Studies', University of Leiden
- Richard Appignanesi, editor of Third Text
- Dr Juliet Steyn, Senior Lecturer, Department of Creative Practice and Enterprise, City University, London
- Dr Kate Oakley, Department of Creative Practice and Enterprise, City University London
There will be an opportunity for the audience to discuss the issues raised by the presenters.
Attendance is free of charge. To book your place please use the link above.