Event takes place on Thu 23 September and Fri 24 September (11.00 - 16.00 each day)
The Centre for Language Studies is offering free language courses to all students at City University. The courses are designed to improve your language competency from lower intermediate level up to advanced level.
They are general purpose courses, designed for you to learn French, German or Spanish in the context of day-to-day life. If you successfully complete the language course, you will be given a language certificate from the University, although the language options do not count towards your degree.
Information about the courses:
- Languages taught: French, German and Spanish
- Levels taught: Lower-Intermediate; Upper Intermediate; Advanced
- Four skills are trained and developed: speaking, listening, reading and writing comprehension
- The studied topics are related to the world of day-to-day life of the target country
- Work on language structure to be able to give presentations, orally or in a written format
- Cultural knowledge related to the target country
Placement tests, to assess your level of competence so that you can study your target language at the right level, will take place at the Language Fair on Thursday 23 September and Friday 24 September in room AG17 (The Pool), College Building, access via St. John’s Street entrance from 11.00 - 16.00 on each day.
This is not an examination - the tests are only designed to find your level of linguistic competence at this point in time.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Share this event
When & where
11.16pm - 4.00pmThursday 23rd September 2010