Please note: registrations for the conference will close Monday 1st September 11.59am BST.
Accepted Papers at DL2014Here are the accepted Full and Short papers, Posters and Demonstrations for DL2014. The Panels will be announced on their own pages shortly.
Representing Topics Labels for Exploring Digital Libraries
Nikolaos Aletras, Timothy Baldwin, Jey Han Lau and Mark Stevenson.
Lend me some sugar: Borrowing rates of neighbouring books as evidence for browsing
Dana Mckay, Wally Smith and Shanton Chang.
Combining Domain-Specific Heuristics for Author Name Disambiguation
Alan Filipe Santana, Marcos André Gonçalves, Anderson A. Ferreira and Alberto Laender.
CED2AR: The Comprehensive Extensible Data Documentation and Access Repository
Carl Lagoze, Lars Vilhuber, Jeremy Williams, Benjamin Perry and William C. Block.
When Should I Make Preservation Copies of Myself?
Chuck Cartledge and Michael Nelson.
Finding Pages on the Unarchived Web
Hugo Huurdeman, Anat Ben-David, Jaap Kamps, Thaer Samar and Arjen P. de Vries.
Bridging the Gap Between Real World Repositories and Scalable Preservation Environments
Bolette Ammitzbøll Jurik, Asger Askov Blekinge, Rune Bruun Ferneke-Nielsen and Per Møldrup-Dalum.
Characterizing Scholar Popularity: A Case Study in the Computer Science Research Community
Glauber Dias Gonçalves, Flavio Vinicius Diniz de Figueiredo, Marcos Andre Goncalves and Jussara Marques de Almeida.
Social Information Behaviour in Physical Libraries: Implications for the design of digital libraries
Annika Hinze, Claire Timpany, Nicholas Vanderschantz and Hayat Alqurashi.
The Ups and Downs of Knowledge Infrastructures in Science: Implications for Data Management
Christine L. Borgman, Peter T. Darch, Ashley E. Sands, Jillian C. Wallis and Sharon Traweek.
Detecting and Modeling Local Text Reuse
David A. Smith, Ryan Cordell, Elizabeth Maddock Dillon, John Wilkerson and Nick Stramp.
Recommendation Based on Deduced Social Networks in an Educational Digital Library
Monika Akbar, Clifford Shaffer, Weiguo Fan and Edward Fox.
Comic2CEBX: A System for Automatic Comic Content Adaptation
Luyuan Li, Yongtao Wang, Liangcai Gao, Zhi Tang and Ching Y. Suen.
Full-Text based Context-Rich Heterogeneous Network Mining Approach for Citation Recommendation
Xiaozhong Liu, Yingying Yu, Chun Guo, Yizhou Sun and Liangcai Gao.
Quality Assessment of Collaborative Content With Minimal Information
Daniel Hasan Dalip, Harlley Lima, Marcos Gonçalves, Marco Cristo and Pável Calado.
Not All Mementos Are Created Equal: Measuring The Impact Of Missing Resources
Justin F. Brunelle, Mat Kelly, Hany Salaheldeen, Michele C. Weigle and Michael L. Nelson.
Towards Building a Scholarly Big Data Platform: Challenges, Lessons and Opportunities
Zhaohui Wu, Jian Wu, Madian Khabsa, Kyle Williams, Hung-Hsuan Chen, Wenyi Huang, Suppawong Tuarob, Sagnik Ray Choudhury, Alexander Ororbia, Prasenjit Mitra and C. Lee Giles.
An Argument for Archiving Facebook as a Heterogeneous Personal Store
Catherine Marshall and Frank Shipman.
Towards Automatic Identification of Core Concepts in Educational Resources
Md Sultan, Steven Bethard and Tamara Sumner.
Using Affective Embodied Agents in Information Literacy Education
Yanru Guo, Dion Hoe-Lian Goh and Brendan Luyt.
Fast Image-based Chinese Calligraphic Character Retrieval on Large Scale Data
Pengcheng Gao, Jiangqin Wu, Yuan Lin, Yang Xia, Tianjiao Mao and Baogang Wei.
Disambiguating Publication Venue Titles using Association Rules
Denilson Pereira, Eduardo Silva and Ahmed Esmin.
Dynamic Taxonomy Composition via Keyqueries
Tim Gollub, Matthias Hagen, Michael Völske and Benno Stein.
Converting the Zeri photo archive in Linked Open Data: formalizing the conceptual model
Ciro Gonano, Francesca Mambelli, Silvio Peroni, Francesca Tomasi and Fabio Vitali.
Community-based Endogamy as an Influence Indicator
Thiago H. P. Silva, Mirella M. Moro, Ana Paula C. Silva, Wagner Meira Jr. and Alberto Laender.
A Framework for Analyzing Semantic Change of Words across Time
Adam Jatowt and Kevin Duh.
From User Needs to Opportunities in Personal Information Management: A Case Study on Organisational Strategies in Cross-Media Information Spaces
Sandra Trullemans and Beat Signer.
Improving the visibility of geospatial data on the Web
Javier Lacasta, Francisco Javier López-Pellicer, Walter Renteria-Agualimpia and Javier Nogueras-Iso.
Towards a Stratified Learning Approach to Predict Future Citation Counts
Tanmoy Chakraborty, Suhansanu Kumar, Pawan Goyal, Niloy Ganguly and Animesh Mukherjee.
PerCon: A Personal Digital Library for Heterogeneous Data
Su Inn Park and Frank Shipman.
What Triggers Human Remembering of Events? A Large-Scale Analysis of Catalysts for Collective Memory in Wikipedia
Nattiya Kanhabua, Tu Ngoc Nguyen and Claudia Niederée.
A Method to Support Analysis of Personal Relationship through Place Names Extracted from Documents
Fuminori Kimura and Akira Maeda.
Personalized PageRank for Making Recommendations in Digital Cultural Heritage Collections
Paul Clough, Arantxa Otegi and Eneko Agirre.
A preliminary evaluation of HathiTrust metadata: Assessing the sufficiency of legacy records
Katrina Fenlon, Colleen Fallaw, Timothy W. Cole and Myung-Ja Han.
Making Research Data Findable in Digital Libraries: A Layered Model for User-Oriented Indexing of Survey Data
Tanja Friedrich and Andreas Oskar Kempf.
Reducing Computational Effort for Plagiarism Detection by using Citation Characteristics to Limit Retrieval Space
Norman Meuschke and Bela Gipp.
Using ACM DL paper metadata as an auxiliary source for building educational collections
Yinlin Chen and Edward Fox.
Topical Establishment Leveraging Literature Evolution
Han Xu, Eric Martin and Ashesh Mahidadia.
Human and Machine Error Analysis on Dependency Parsing of Ancient Greek Texts
Saeed Majidi and Gregory Crane.
Do Altmetrics Follow the Crowd or Does the Crowd Follow Altmetrics?
Hamed Alhoori and Richard Furuta.
Creating lightweight ontologies for dataset description: Pratical applications in a cross-domain research data management workflow
João Aguiar Castro, João Rocha Da Silva and Cristina Ribeiro.
The Feasibility of Investing of Manual Correction of Metadata for a Large-Scale Digital Library
Hung-Hsuan Chen, Madian Khabsa and C. Lee Giles.
An Open Cultural Digital Content Infrastructure
Ioanna Ourania Stathopoulou, Haris Georgiadis, Vangelis Banos, Panagiotis Stathopoulos, Nikos Houssos and Evi Sachini.
Mat Kelly, Michael L. Nelson and Michele C. Weigle.
Explorations in Linked Data practice for early music corpora
Tim Crawford, Ben Fields, David Lewis and Kevin R. Page.
RefSeer: A Citation Recommendation System
Wenyi Huang, Zhaohui Wu, Prasenjit Mitra and C. Lee Giles.
Research networks in data repositories
Mark R. Costa, Jian Qin and Jun Wang.
The Anatomy of a Search and Mining System for Digital Humanities
Martyn Harris, Mark Levene, Dell Zhang and Dan Levene.
Crowd-sourcing Web Knowledge for Metadata Extraction
Zhaohui Wu, Wenyi Huang, Chen Liang and C. Lee Giles.
A comparative analysis of the HSS & HEP data submission workflows
Suenje Dallmeier Tiessen, Artemis Lavasa, Laura Rueda, Patricia Heterich, Rachael Kotarski and Elizabeth Newbold.
Increasing the visibility of library records via a consortial search engine
Õnne Mets, Silvia Gstrein and Veronika Gründhammer.
Identifying the Same Records across multiple Ukiyo-e Image Databases Using Textual Data in Different Languages
Biligsaikhan Batjargal, Takeo Kuyama, Fuminori Kimura and Akira Maeda.
Implementing Digital Preservation Strategy: Developing Content Collection Profiles at the British Library
Michael Day, Ann MacDonald, Akiko Kimura and Maureen Pennock.
Big Brother is Watching You -- But in a Good Way
Carllin St Pierre, David Bainbridge and Bill Rogers.
Bend Me Shape Me: A Practical Experience of Repurposing Research Data
- Sukjin You, Joel Desarmo, Xiangming Mu and Sukwon Lee. Visualized Related Topics (VRT) System for Health Information Retrieval
- Timo Sztyler, Jakob Huber, Jan Noessner, Jaimie Murdock, Colin Allen and Mathias Niepert. LODE: Linking and Enhancing High Quality RDF Repositories to the Web of Data
- Matthias Geel and Moira Norrie. Memsy: Keeping Track of Personal Digital Resources across Devices and Services
- Helge Holzmann and Thomas Risse. Extraction of Evolution Descriptions from the Web
- Mark Michael Hall. Explore The Stacks: A System for Exploration in Digital Libraries
- Ingo Frommholz, David Graves, Haiming Liu, Ashwin Kumar and Gordon Brady. Great War Stories Told by the People - Crowdsourced Cultural Heritage in Digital Museums
- Ray Larson, Daniel Pitti and Adrian Turner. SNAC: The Social Networks and Archival Context Project - Towards an Archival Authority Cooperative
- Kresimir Duretec, Michael Kraxner, Artur Kulmukhametov, Markus Plangg, Christoph Becker and Luis Faria. The SCAPE preservation lifecycle
- Michele Artini, Claudio Atzori, Alessia Bardi, Sandro La Bruzzo and Paolo Manghi. TagTick: A Tool for Annotation Tagging over Solr indexes
- Yannis Kargakis and Yannis Tzitzikas. Epimenides: An Information System offering Automated Reasoning for the Needs of Digital Preservation
- Francesco Osborne and Enrico Motta. Rexplore: Unveiling the Dynamics of Scholarly Data
- Steffan Safey and David Bainbridge. When Catalogs Collide: A Mashup Up of the Bibliographic Records from New Zealand's National Bibliography and the HathiTrust
- Rob Koopman and Shenghui Wang. Where should I publish?--Detecting journal similarity based on what have been published there
- Clare Llewellyn, Mark Smith, Laine Ruus, Steve Kirkwood, Ros Burnett, Robin Rice and Rocio Von-Jungenfeld. A Shared Language for Building a Dataset of Sensitive Information
- Biligsaikhan Batjargal, Garmaabazar Khaltarkhuu, Fuminori Kimura and Akira Maeda. An Approach to Named Entity Extraction from Historical Documents in Traditional Mongolian Script
- Marcin Werla, Georgios Mamakis, Markus Muhr, Petr Knoth, Marcin Mielnicki and Pavel Kats. Europeana Cloud: Towards a Shared Cloud Computing Infrastructure for European Aggregators
- Rudolf Mayer. A Context Model for Digital Preservation of Processes and its Application to a Digital Library System
- Ogheneovo Dibie, Keith Maull and Tamara Sumner. A computational approach to understanding and predicting the behavior of educators using an online curriculum planning tool
- Yingzhen Zhu, Xinyi Cao, Yali Bian and Jiangqin Wu. CKGHV:a Comprehensive Knowledge Graph For History Visualization
- Michelle Barker, Donald Brower and Natalie Meyers. Vector-Borne Disease Network Digital Library
- Filipe Ferreira, Ricardo Vieira and José Borbinha. The Value of Risk Management for Data Management in Science and Engineering
- Hirohito Shibata and Kentaro Takano. Text touching effects: Why it is difficult to do active reading with a touch-based tablet device
- Kentaro Takano, Hirohito Shibata, Junko Ichino, Tomonori Hashiyama and Shun'ichi Tano. Microscopic analysis of document handling while reading: Classification of behavior toward paper document
- Shansong Yang, Weiming Lu, Baogang Wei and Wenjia An. Amplifying Scientific Paper's Abstract By Leveraging Data-weighted Reconstruction
- Michele Artini, Claudio Atzori and Paolo Manghi. Keeping your Aggregative Infrastructure Under Control
- Xiao Hu and Yi-Hsuan Yang. Cross-Cultural Mood Regression for Music Digital Libraries
- Jiangping Chen, Olajumoke Azogu and Ryan Knudson. Enabling Multilingual Information Access to Digital Collections: An Investigation of Metadata Records Translation
- Sukjin You, Joel Desarmo, Xiangming Mu and Alexandra Dimitroff. Balancing Factors Affecting Virtual Reference Services: Identified from Academic Librarians' Perspective
- Melius Weideman. Articles, Papers, Chapters, Theses - who wins the Visibility Wars?
- Teru Agata, Yosuke Miyata, Emi Ishida, Atsushi Ikeuchi and Shuichi Ueda. Life span of web pages: A survey of 10 million pages collected in 2001
- Kahyun Choi, Jin Ha Lee and J. Stephen Downie. What Is This Song about Anyway?: Automatic Classification of Aboutness Using User Interpretations, Social Tags, and Lyrics
- Andias Wira Alam, Andreas Oskar Kempf and Benjamin Zapilko. Linking Thesaurus for the Social Sciences to the Web of Linked Data
- Dagmar Kern, Peter Mutschke and Philipp Mayr. Establishing an Online Access Panel for Interactive Information Retrieval Research
- Hong Zhang and Xiao Hu. Organization Structures of Personal Information: A Comparison on Two Groups of Information Workers
- Ke Zhou, Richard Tobin and Claire Grover. Large-Scale Extraction and Analysis of Web Link References in Scholarly Articles
- Jose Moreno and Gaël Dias. PageRank-based Word Sense Induction within Web Search Results Clustering
- Katerina El Raheb and Yannis Ioannidis. Modeling Abstractions for Dance Digital Libraries
- Tracy Bergstrom, Donald Brower, Sonia Howell, Natalie Meyers, Eric Morgan and Elliott Visconsi. Quantifying the State Trials
- Daniel Pop, Marian Neagul and Dana Petcu. On Cloud Deployment of Digital Preservation Environments
- Mat Kelly, Michael L. Nelson and Michele C. Weigle. Mink: Integrating the Live and Archived Web Viewing Experience Using Web Browsers and Memento
- Rachel Ivy Clarke, Jin Ha Lee, Jacob Jett and Simone Sacchi. Exploring Relationships Among Video Games
- Angela Di Iorio and Marco Schaerf. The Organization information integration in the management of a Digital Library System
- Pablo Barrio, Gonçalo Simões, Helena Galhardas and Luis Gravano. REEL: A Relation Extraction Learning Framework
- S.M.Shamimul Hasan, Sandeep Gupta, Edward A. Fox, Keith Bisset and Madhav V. Marathe. Data Mapping Framework in a Digital Library with Computational Epidemiology Datasets
- Stephanie Rossi and Jin Ha Lee. Mood Metadata for Video Games and Interactive Media