Writing for the Web and Digital Media Short Courses
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Saturday 25 November 2017||10:30 - 16:30||1 day masterclass||£130.00||CS1227||Apply Now|
|Saturday 3 March 2018||10:30 - 16:30||1 day masterclass||£130.00||CS1227||Apply Now|
|Saturday 9 June 2018||10:30 - 16:30||1 day masterclass||£130.00||CS1227||Apply Now|
Writing for the web and digital media can be very different from writing for other media. This interactive one-day digital writing course will show you how to use written content to build and strengthen your brand. It will cover writing for various online platforms including websites, blogs and social media.
The Writing for the Web and Digital Media workshops will cover the following topics:
- How to make your writing more effective
- How to find the story in your business communications
- How to attract and keep the attention of your audience
- How to present written content effectively
- How to find the right tone and voice for your organisation
The web writing course will also cover editing and proof-reading skills, best practices for titles and subheadings, blogging, editorial planning, how to use keywords to improve SEO and how to apply content marketing principles.
Please consider bringing a laptop or tablet for in-class exercises. WiFi access will be provided.
Taught over one day on our Central London campus, this digital writing course is aimed at anyone, across industry sectors, wanting to improve their writing for digital skills.
Why choose the Writing for Digital Media short course?
Our interactive one-day digital and web writing masterclass will explore writing for multiple online platforms, including websites and social media. Students will also learn best practices for SEO and content creation from an experienced digital professional.
Katie Anderson-Morrison is passionate about words. She wrote her first stories age six and started her first blog at thirteen. Nowadays, Katie works as a freelance writer, trainer and consultant. She has a Masters degree in Creative Writing from the University of Manchester and has been writing professionally for the web since 2009.
There’s a lot more to writing than stringing a couple of sentences together! Katie supports organisations large and small to get their message across effectively and succinctly. She’s an expert in content strategy, blogging and content marketing.
The digital writing masterclass is suitable for anyone who would like to improve the way they communicate via digital channels.
Although technical issues, such as search engine optimisation (SEO) are discussed, the main focus of the course is on content creation and audience engagement.
Fluent written and spoken English. Please note this class is not suitable for those students wishing to improve their English language skills.
What will I learn?
- How writing for the web is different from writing for other media.
- How to improve your writing.
- How to edit your writing to suit different online platforms.
- How to engage your audience by finding valuable stories within your organisation.
- How to improve your SEO by using keywords.
- How content marketing can help you to promote your organisation.
- How to find the right voice for your organisation’s online communications.
- How to present your written content effectively.
- How blogging could benefit your business.
- How to organise and vary your written content with the help of an editorial calendar.
Teaching and Assessment
A one-day, seminar-style workshop. Written exercises in class. Q&As with the tutor throughout.
Writing for Digital course is a natural stepping stone for Modules 1 and 2 of the Integrated Digital Marketing: Intensive masterclass.