Building Websites with HTML5 and CSS3 Short Courses
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Monday 2 October 2017||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£430.00||CS1586||Enrolment Closed|
|Thursday 18 January 2018||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£430.00||CS1586||Apply Now|
|Wednesday 2 May 2018||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£430.00||CS1586||Apply Now|
Aimed at beginners with no previous experience in the field, this HTML5 and CSS3 course introduces and develops the fundamental skills required to plan, design, develop, validate and maintain websites using HTML5 and CSS versions 2 and 3.
During the course students will develop a fully functional website that adheres to current industry standards and best practices.
Experienced with Microsoft Windows and the use of a web browser.
What will I learn?
- Context: the web environment; W3C/Industry standards; web authoring tools; usability and accessibility.
- Planning and design: the design process; information architecture; design patterns; validating your HTML and CSS.
- HTML: HTML5 fundamentals including semantic markup, page structure, links, images, tables and forms.
- CSS: essential CSS2 and CSS3 skills including text formatting, page layouts, floats and the box model.
- Publishing and maintenance: Publishing a website with FTP; overview of domain names and web hosting; SEO considerations; site management techniques.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Plan, design, develop and publish a website that adheres to current industry standards and best practices.
The tutor will suggest material during the class.
After this course you can progress to
- Advanced Web Interfaces with CSS3 and HTML5 if you want to learn how to develop a complex look for your pages using CSS2 and CSS3 applied on HTML5 elements. This is the recommended next step after Building Websites with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Web programming using PHP/MySQL if you to learn how to create dynamic web pages with PHP, with data fed by a MySQL database.