Basic Travel Health Introductory Course for Nurses and Qualified Professionals Short Courses
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Tbc||09:30||Full day||£180.00||CS6073||Register Interest|
Denise Chalkley has experience of immunisations and infectious diseases spanning many decades. Trained in general nursing, midwifery, neonatal intensive care, public health practice, and tuberculosis and travel medicine. Denise has worked extensively at clinical and senior management level, successfully combining primary, secondary and private practices to improve service provision and patient outcomes.
Qualified nurses, GPs and Pharmacists.
What will I learn?
- Risk assessments
- Principles of immunisation
- Legal aspects
- Vaccination schedules
- Sources of information and databases
- Food and water borne disease
- Malaria and chemoprophylaxis
Animal and insect borne diseases
Teaching and Assessment
This course will combine structured and interactive teaching though lectures, group work and real life scenarios. To maximise the sessions some pre-course reading/familiarisation is recommended. Evidence of learning and certificate of attendance will be given to those that fully attend the course.
- Immunisation against Infectious Diseases. (Green Book) https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/immunisation-against-infectious-disease-the-green-book
- RCN Travel health Nursing: career and competence development. https://www.rcn.org.uk/professional-development/publications/pub-003146
- Better awareness and understanding of the importance of travel health and prevention of travel related illnesses
- Confidence in the principles and practices of vaccination schedules
- Better insight into the supporting databases and information sources
- Meaningful training for NMC revalidation purposes