AutoCAD - Professional Drawing Production and Management Short Courses
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Wednesday 4 October 2017||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£490.00||CS1511||Enrolment Closed|
|Wednesday 2 May 2018||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£490.00||CS1511||Apply Now|
This course is suitable for students who have some experience of using AutoCAD. It is advisable that students have a basic understanding of the drawing and modification tools in AutoCAD.
Past students have come to the course from a range of backgrounds; some have taught themselves the basics and want to learn more, some are using CAD within their work and seek to improve their skills, and some have used CAD in the past and wish to update their knowledge.
Classes are designed to cover specific topics each week,
These include; blocks, attributes, data extraction, templates, text and dimension styles, colour dependant plot styles, Xreference drawings, line type and script files, isometric drawing. The topics are taught predominantly in 2D with the last few weeks of the course taught as an introduction to 3D.
The course uses AutoCAD 2017.
Tommy Haycocks has more than 10 years' experience of teaching adult education courses. As well as teaching at City, University of London he lectures freelance to undergraduates at other universities. Outside of lecturing, he uses CAD in the design and construction industries on a daily basis.
You should have a good understanding of the 'draw' and 'modification' commands and be familiar with other commands such as layers, viewports and dimensions.
Successful completion of the Introduction to AutoCAD course or thorough knowledge of the subjects covered therein will be a sufficient level to start this course.
What will I learn?
What will I learn?
· Drawing and Modification commands
- During the course you will reinforce and broaden your knowledge in the core elements of producing drawings using the draw and modification commands
· Drawing Properties –
- You will learn more about layers, line types, and other properties associated to your drawing. You will also learn about PaperSpace/ModelSpace and ViewPorts.
· Blocks –
- You will learn how to create and use blocks (collection of lines saved as one item) within your drawings, you will add attributes (text information) to your blocks.
· Data Extraction –
- You will learn how to extract information from blocks within drawings to produce databases such as quantities and materials.
· Setting up Templates –
- You will learn to set up your own template for future use. Your templates will have new layers, attributes and text/dimension styles page layouts and information box.
· Xreference Drawings–
- You will learn how to link a number of drawings together through the use of the Xreference command. This command enables multiple uses to work on a master drawing through other drawings linked via the x-reference command.
· Script files –
- Through the use of script files, you will design and write your own line type style and load onto a CAD file.
· Isometric drawing –
- Setting up isometric and producing isometric drawings with the 2D area.
· 3D introduction –
- You will be given an introduction to:-
- Drawing in ‘Solid modelling’
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching is done through demonstration by the tutor followed be student drawing tasks covering the specific topics. The course is designed that each lesson covers a new topic. This enables each lesson to be independent from the previous.
Handouts are given for the topics covered during the course. Whilst the course does not require recommended reading, advice can be given should you wish to purchase further CAD reading material.
Please bring a pen and notebook to the first class.
Students can progress to the Advanced AutoCAD - 3D
The course covers aspects of AutoCAD widely used in industry. It enables students to produce high quality drawings and work with drawings produced by others. Students taking this course come from a wide variety of industries using CAD including: Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Construction, Electronics, Product design..