Women's Health CPD
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|tbc||09:30||Full day||£180.00||CS6067||Register Interest|
This study day will cover issues such as PCOS, HPV, FGM, Menopause, STI's and Contraception for nurses.
Valerie is a lecturer in contraception, sexual health and cytology. She maintains the skills and knowledge by continuing to work clinically in contraception, sexual health and cytology. Val is also an accredited for faculty recognition for IUD, IUS and implant fittings and is an associate member of the faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare. She is also an independent subscriber, midwife, nurse and qualified teacher. Val recently received letters of competence for the intrauterine and subdermal contraception implant technique.
Applicants must be registered nurses.
Applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English.
What will I learn?
After attending the day, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the condition of polycystic ovary syndrome to a patient indicating cause, symptoms and treatments.
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact of HPV on women’s health.
- Describe and explain the action required in relation to Female Genital Mutilation.
- Have an understanding of the peri/menopause and the possible symptoms and treatments available.
- Have an awareness of the signs and symptoms of the most common sexually transmitted infections in women and the treatment options.
- Understand the benefits of contraception in relation to women’s health.
Teaching and Assessment
There is no formal teaching assessment. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.