Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS) CPD
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|MCT- Anytime||Distance Learning. All year round enrolment||£1,080||MCT||Apply Now|
|OSCE- Anytime||Distance Learning. All year round enrolment||£1,970||OSCE||Apply Now|
|MCT & OSCE||Distance Learning. All year round enrolment||£2,620||Combined||Apply Now|
The City Law School has partnered with QLTS Advantage to provide an online training course to prepare lawyers for the Qualified >Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS) assessments administered by Kaplan UK. The scheme, implemented by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, gives lawyers from other jurisdictions the opportunity to qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales without having to complete domestic training. The scheme also offers Solicitors with the skills and credentials to operate in 48 countries and 6 continents.
MCT+ Live Tuition Weekends
For the MCT, the course includes easy to use electronic manuals designed to master the 11 substantive areas of law, and more than 1000 interactive multiple-choice questions designed to reinforce your learning. All MCT enrolments now include Live Tuition Weekends– four full days of face-to-face tuition.
OSCE+ Live Tuition Weekends
For the OSCE 1 and 2 Exams, the course includes our unique side-by-side training system providing for seamless navigation between Test Scenario and Guidance as well as more than 100 mock exam scenarios. Our multimedia library features a multitude of video demos showing interviewing and advocacy style and technique and additionally includes extensive revision lectures by City tutors on all aspects of the test. All OSCE enrolments now include OSCE+ Live Tuition Weekends – four full days of face-to-face tuition.
Written by The City Law School and QLTS Advantage, the course prepares students for the QLTS assessments by providing self-paced online training and interactive support.
- MCT and OSCE Study Guides
- 1000+ mock exam questions for MCT
- 100+ Interactive exercises for the OSCE
- Audio and Video Lectures
- Step-by-step Lexis/Westlaw Guidance
- NEW OSCE Plus Classroom Training: 4 full days (two weekends) face-to-face tuition
- One full day devoted to each legal skill assessed: Writing, Drafting, Research
- Final exam tips for OSCE Parts I & II on format and presentation
- Lectures to emphasize key areas of Day One Outcome C / D / F
- Role-playing exercises for Interviewing / Advocacy Skills
- Tutor-guided review of a complete assessment
- NEW Live Tuition Weekends for all MCT enrolments – 4 full days face-to-face tuition
- Master the 140 principles tested on the MCT
- Discover the 'Logic of the Exam'
- Sit a FULL mock exam under actual testing conditions
NB - The live (face-to-face) tuition weekends will be held at the City Law School