Professional Certificate in Paediatric Eye Care CPPD
|Start Date||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|2018/9 - TBC||Home / EU - £900; Overseas - £1,800||OVM037||Register Interest|
The module provides advanced and specialised theoretical background knowledge and practical skills for paediatric visual problems and their management. The module is fully accredited for CET points and will provide at least 24 of the 36 points required for continued registration.
The module will feature the following:
- Examination of children
- Comprehensive lecture notes and access to web-based virtual learning environment
- Lectures and training delivered by leading Ophthalmologists,Optometrists and Orthoptists in the field.
This module will not be running until the 2018/19.
Non EEA students can only apply as part of a programme, not as a stand-alone module.
- You should normally be a UK registered optometrist satisfying all legal requirements to be eligible to practise in the UK
- You should also be registered with the General Optical Council
- Overseas optometrists will be accepted on an ad-hoc basis providing your undergraduate syllabus and clinical responsibilities are similar to those of a UK optometrist.
For those students whose first language is not English, the following qualification is also required:
- IELTS: 7.0
Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTs we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for students who require a CAS as of April 2014.