Principles of Prescribing - Module 2 CPPD
|Start Date||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|TBC - Please use the button to register interest||Home / EU - £1,000||OVM051||Register Interest|
The emphasis of the Principles of Prescribing module are as follows:
- History taking and examination techniques
- Clinical management guidelines
- Management of specific ocular conditions
- Evidence-based practice and clinical governance in relation to prescribing
- Prescribing safely and professionally.
The module is fully accredited for CET points.
Non EEA students can only apply as part of a programme, not as a stand-alone module.
- You should normally be a UK-registered optometrist satisfying all legal requirements to be eligible to practise in the UK
- You should also be registered with the General Optical Council
- Overseas optometrists will be accepted on an ad-hoc basis providing your undergraduate syllabus and clinical responsibilities are similar to those of a UK optometrist.
- You need to have completed the OVM050 - Principles of Therapeutics module before applying.
For those students whose first language is not English, the following qualification is also required:
- IELTS: 7.0
Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTs we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for students who require a CAS as of April 2014.
Contact Admissions (Postgraduate)
Dr Michelle L Hennelly
MSc Programme Director