Neonatal Care: Knowledge for Enhancing Neonatal Practice CPPD
|Start Date||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|For additional dates please register your interest||Home / EU - £900||NM3282||Register Interest|
This level 6 module is suitable for trained neonatal nurses, senior neonatal nurses, specialist practitioners and healthcare professionals. There are 7 study days. You will study and be assessed in the following areas: assessment and collaborative management of neonatal conditions, analysis of neonatal blood gases, neonatal ventilation management, history taking, differential diagnosis and diagnostic reasoning, basic interpretation of chest and abdominal x-rays, and neonatal cannulation. Teaching methods include lectures, group work, student presentation, scenario-based teaching, skills training and one-to-one tutorials.
Assessment for the module consists of a 30 minute Viva Voce.
The module will enable you to:
- Critically discuss the assessment and management of common neonatal conditions
- Critically evaluate and analyse blood gases
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of neonatal ventilation strategies
- Critically appraise clinical evidence
- Interpret basic neonatal X-rays
- Demonstrate safe neonatal or paediatric cannulation
- Deliver family centred care
- Collaborate effectively within a team in the assessment and management of sick neonates
- Undertake a structured hand over
- Engage and contribute to the neonatal decision making and neonatal management strategies.
Module Dates: TBC
Non EEA students can only apply as part of a programme, not as a stand-alone module.
The module requires you to be:
Working in a suitable practice area
You must be a qualified nurse or midwife either in the UK or overseas.
For those students whose first language is not English, the following qualification is also required:
- IELTS: 7
Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTs we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for students who require a CAS as of April 2014.