Management of Information Security and Risk: IT Risk Management for effective performance and the prevention of fraud, error and disaster CPD
This module looks at the CIO position and why it needs to relate to the strategy, goals and objectives of the organisation. IT operations are not stand-alone events. It shows the relevance of the IT leadership role in Corporate Governance and Risk Management.
There will be a focus on the competitive advantage gained from proper leverage of IT governance, risk management and control.
The module will be delivered in block mode consisting of two blocks:
- Thursday: 5pm - 9pm
- Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday: 9am-5pm
The second block is delivered 6 weeks after the first block.
This module is taken from theMSc in Management of Information Security and Risk.
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Teaching dates are provisionally set for October/November 2015.||Thursday 17:00-21:00; Friday 9:00-17:00; Saturday 9:00-17:00||Two blocks comprising Thursday evening, Friday & Saturday all day||£1,500.00 (Home/EU students); £1,500.00 (Non-EU)||INM414||Apply Now|
You should have a first or second class BSc honours degree (or equivalent non-UK qualification).
You should also have approximately five years of relevant professional experience (absolute minimum of two years in exceptional circumstances).
You should also have basic competence and familiarity with mathematics and good professional English.
What will I learn?
- The assurance gap - how to identify the black hole between the Board's understanding of the governance of the organisation and the operational reality
- IT Risk Management - how to ensure that IT risks are part of the enterprise risk management process
- IT Audit - the multi-layered approach to identifying the effectiveness of controls over the systems life cycle, the operational efficacy and the security of the IT resource
- IT Governance - demonstrating the need for transparency and integration of the IT resource
- Continuous Monitoring and Continuous Audit - the new dynamic - providing assurance that events - specifically IT related events - are controlled in real time - or close to real time
- Best Practice IT workshop including case studies showing the causes of major IT failures
- Prevention of Fraud, denial of service.
Teaching and Assessment
Assessment is coursework based consisting of a mixture of one or more of the following:
- peer reviews
- group work.
Apply for the Information Security and Risk: Assurance Cases.
Twenty places are available on this CPD module.