Management of Information Security and Risk: Executive Development CPD
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Teaching dates are provisionally set for February/March 2016.||Thursday 17:00-21:00; Friday 9:00-17:00; Saturday 9:00-17:00||Two blocks comprising Thursday evening, Friday & Saturday all day||£1,500.00 (Home/EU students); £1,500.00 (Non-EU)||INM413||Apply Now|
This module is designed to develop your ability to meet the challenges in senior IT roles in terms of personal strategies and skills for success in a professional IT environment. The focus will be on building personal knowledge and capabilities to enhance your impact in the workplace.
The aims of this module are to develop your abilities as a reflective practitioner, your understanding of your actual and potential role in a range of contexts, and your ability to manage your own future professional development and contribute to that of others.
The module will be delivered in block mode consisting of two blocks as follows:
- Thursday: 5pm-9pm
- Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday: 9am-5pm
The second block is delivered 6 weeks after the first block.
This module is taken from theMSc in Management of Information Security and Risk.
You should have a first or second class BSc honours degree (or equivalent non-UK qualification).You should also have approximately five years of relevant professional experience (absolute minimum of two years in exceptional circumstances).
You should also have basic competence and familiarity with mathematics and good professional English.
What will I learn?
- Competency frameworks, qualifications and CPD, including; IISP, SFIA, ITIL, BCS and industry certifications
- Personal SWOT analyses and action planning
- Developing behavioural competencies in an organisational context; leadership, team working, communication, negotiation, and influencing
- Reflection, performance appraisal, mentoring and coaching
- Project, programme and change management in uncertain environments
- Communities of practice and professional identity
Teaching and Assessment
Assessment is coursework based consisting of a mixture of one or more of the following:
- peer reviews
- group work.
Apply for the Information Security and Risk: Executive Development.
Twenty places are available on this CPD module.