Advance Physical Assessment of the Newborn and Infant CPPD
|Start Date||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Monday 23 April 2018||Home / EU - £2,000; Overseas - £4,000||APM010||Apply Now|
The purpose of the module is to equip healthcare professionals with the skills and knowledge that will enable them to competently undertake the physical examination of the newborn within the first 24-72 hours and at 6-8 weeks.
The aim of this module is to:
- Provide an opportunity for you to develop specific knowledge and skills in order to facilitate informed decision making in order to provide high quality newborn and infant physical assessment.
- Facilitate competent physical examination of the baby within the first 24-72 hours after birth and at 6-8weeks.
- Equip you with skills and knowledge required in order to determine normal and abnormal parameters, physical appearance and behavioural responses in term babies and infants at 6-8 weeks.
Week one (theory) - 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 April 2018 – Dr Ratnavel and Rosemary Lanlehin
Week two (Clinical) - 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 May 2018 - Rosemary
Week three (Clinical) - 29, 30, 31 May and 1 June 2018 - Rosemary
Week four (Clinical) - 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 June 2018 - Rosemary
Week five (Theory) - 3 July 2018 - Rosemary and Dr Ratnavel
You must also make a application for APM011 (Critical thinking and Diagnostic Reasoning- Neonatal)
Non EEA students can only apply as part of a programme, not as a stand-alone module.
- Current professional registration with a relevant professional/statutory body or equivalent.
- A current relevant job contract in a clinical area and at least two years' relevant clinical experience.
- If you are undertaking this as part of a Programme you must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and be able to confirm mentorship from either a doctor or Advanced Nurse Practitioner within your workplace.
- You must work at least one day per week in a clinical setting in which advanced practice skills can be acquired.
- A satisfactory academic reference and a satisfactory clinical reference.
- IELTS: 7.0