Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Are you an international student looking to launch a business in the UK after you graduate?
The Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa is aimed at students who have successfully completed a UK degree programme and now want to develop their ideas and entrepreneurial skills by setting up a business in the UK. In order to be granted this Visa you will need to apply for an endorsement by City, University of London.
The application process for the 2017/18 endorsements are now closed. Applications for the 2018/19 endorsements will open in July 2018.
Government Eligibility Criteria:
Government eligibility details can be found here.
City, University of London Eligibility Details:
- Students will need to meet the eligibility criteria set by the Government.
- Students are eligible if they were intending to graduate (finished and passed their course and in receipt of transcripts and certificates) at summer 2017 ceremony or winter 2018 ceremony.
- Students that have graduated before February 2017 will not be eligible to apply for endorsement.
- Students that have previously applied and not been successful are not eligible to apply
- Students graduating in the summer 2018 and winter 2019 ceremonies will need to apply for the following allocation of Tier 1 endorsements that will take place in August 2018.
- All students that are issued a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur endorsement will be required to apply for the endorsement and start their application before the 5th April 2018.
- If successful students fail to use the endorsement in the time period dictated above they will no longer be eligible for the endorsement from the University and will not be able to reapply.
- The University will only offer endorsements to a maximum of two students per company.
- The University will not offer endorsements to students from universities other than City, University of London.
Additionally we would strongly recommend that you get in contact with a member of our team to talk through your business idea to see if we can help you develop it while you're studying. We also have a free e-book that you can download too.