The recruitment process
Below, you’ll find a host of documents and videos to help guide you through the typical process of finding and applying for a job.
- Application forms
- Tips for writing professional emails
- Action words for CVs and applications
- Skills employers look for
Trying to figure out what employers really want from you in your applications can be a confusing business.
Get the inside story from a selection of student and graduate employers and our own careers consultants in this six-minute video.
Preparing for an interview/assessment centre
With television programmes like The Apprentice giving really misleading pictures of how interviews work, get the real story instead from a selection of student and graduate employers and our own careers consultants.
Find out what puts recruiters off, what can make you an attractive candidate, and what's happening on the interviewer's side of the desk with this four-minute video.
- Making presentations
- Developing commercial awareness
- AGCAS video: Making an impact (requires your City login and password)
- AGCAS video: At the assessment centre (requires your City login and password)
- AGCAS video: Get that job: A guide for graduates with disabilities (requires your City login and password)
- AGCAS video: Journey to Work: From a degree to a graduate job (requires your City login and password)
Psychometric tests are often used by employers as a first step in the recruitment process. They can often be a step at which students struggle, so understanding what they are and how to approach them is crucial to your career success.