Give City students the opportunity to explore a range of industries and sectors that interest them; whether directly related to their degree or simply because they have a genuine interest to explore different sectors within other industries.
Industry Insights are a series of year-round off-campus events with our external stakeholders including partnerships with multi-national corporations (MNCs). Each Industry Insight event will be designed and organised by the Employer Engagement team (EET) with the help of the offering organisation. Events will be advertised and promoted by EET to students who will be able to apply via City's online careers portal. Students will be asked to complete an application form specific to a particular sector and organisation and undertake a competitive interview. Accepted students will be offered the opportunity to attend an insight day at the organisation.
What does an Industry Insight consist of?
- A single Industry Insight can last a half-day to a full day (minimum 3 hours)
- The company will host a group of students, at their premises and give them a structured insight day into the company, sector and the different roles and opportunities that exist within it
- Students get to see the diversity of roles within an organisation so they get to see progression routes aiding in retention
- “A day in the life of….”
- We handle the advertising, promoting and recruiting for all Industry Insight events
Why should you offer an Industry Insight?
- Raise awareness of your corporate brand at City
- Meet our undergraduate talent pool
- No cost opportunity to raise awareness of your internship, placement and graduate opportunities
- Work collaboratively with City to find trends in graduate data to create future interventions on campus
- Enhance your organisations’ Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethical Careers by offering a number of Industry Insights to Widening Participation students
- Flexible scheduling allows you to offer your Industry Insight at time that fits your organisation
- Take part in an Employer-In-Residence session and meet the selected students
- Drive better quality applicants by preparing students for internships, placements and graduate schemes
- An opportunity to offer Industry Insights at any time throughout the year outside of other Insight Days and allow your employees to participate in CPD at their offices.
If you would like to increase student awareness of your sector and enhance social mobility at your organisation by offering an Industry Insight, please contact the Employer Engagement Team at email@example.com tel: 020 7040 8093.