Increase your talent pool by hosting an Industry Insight. Give top City students the opportunity to explore a range of industries and sectors that interest them.
Industry Insights are a series of off-campus events, held throughout the year. Companies host a group of students and give them a structured Insight into their sector. Each Industry Insight event will be designed and organised by the Employer Engagement team (EET) in partnership with the host organisation.
EET handles all the advertising, promoting and recruiting for Industry Insights events. Students apply via City's online careers portal, where they will be asked to complete an application form specific to your company. Accepted students will be offered the opportunity to attend an Insight day at your organisation.
Why should you offer an Industry Insight?
- Raise awareness of your corporate brand at City
- Meet our excellent undergraduate talent pool
- No cost opportunity to promote your internship, placement and graduate opportunities
- Work collaboratively with City to find trends in graduate data to create future interventions on campus
- Enhance your organisations’ Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethical Careers by offering a number of Industry Insights to Widening Participation students
- Flexible scheduling allows you to offer your Industry Insight at time that fits your organisation
- Take part in an Employer-In-Residence session and meet the selected students
- Drive better quality applicants by preparing students for internships, placements and graduate schemes
What does an Industry Insight consist of?
- A single Industry Insight can last a half-day to a full-day (minimum 3 hours)
- Students get to see the diversity of roles within an organisation so they get to see progression routes aiding in retention within organisations.
- “A day in the life of….”
- Other elements that emphasise your organisations unique selling points. Such as guided tours, Q&As, networking sessions, advice about interviews, work and graduate schemes.
If you would like to increase student awareness of your sector and enhance social mobility at your organisation by offering an Industry Insight, please contact Wendy Browne email: Wendy.Browne@city.ac.uk tel: +44 (0)20 7040 0527.
If you would like to offer a Industry Insight please complete this form.