QConsult Summer Programme 2019
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN UNTIL MONDAY 20th May at 9am.
QConsult is a joint project with Queen Mary, University of London, the University of East London and City, supported by J.P. Morgan, that places students into mini consultancy projects within East London-based organisations.
Each team of students will be provided with a short project brief from their host organisation, outlining the details of a particular business challenge. All projects involve an element of research, analysis & recommendation.
Why do it?
- This award-winning employability programme will give students from these three universities the opportunity to work together on real-life business challenges within an organisation, giving you the opportunity to use and build your skills, develop your employability and learn more about the working world.
- This is a great opportunity to build your CV as you will gain experience working on a real-life business project whilst getting paid for your work and receiving free training sessions and enhanced support from J.P. Morgan.
How does it work?
- You will be placed in a student team of 5 to work on a mini-consultancy project within a London business.
- This programme is cross-university, which means you will have the chance to meet and work with students from Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) as well as University of East London (UEL) in your team of 5 students.
- You will be paid London Living Wage (£10.55 per hour) for your time working on the consultancy project, where as a team member you are expected to dedicate 20 hours in total for the actual project work.
- You will also receive training and advice around project management, presentation and professional skills from QMUL & J.P. Morgan
- You will have the chance to visit J.P. Morgan’s offices and attend a celebration & networking evening event at their office to close the programme – a brilliant opportunity to network with staff within J.P. Morgan.
- You will be fully supported by the lead Programme Coordinator at QMUL for this project.
The programme runs from 26 June – 19 July on weekdays only at QMUL, and you must make sure you are fully available for this time period. If you are selected to attend an Assessment Centre after we have shortlisted applications, these will take place between 10 -11June at QMUL – you must be available for one of these dates.
For more information on this programme click here.
What happens afterwards?
After working on the project for a set amount of time, each team will present their findings and recommendations to the organisation. Throughout the programme you will receive advice, training and support from the QMUL Careers & Enterprise team at the QMUL campus in Mile End. You will also attend a training session led by J.P. Morgan staff, as well as a networking event at their offices in Canary Wharf.
City have 7 places available for Summer 2019. Students will be selected via a competitive application process.
Don’t forget you can get help with your application by booking a 1-1 appointment with a Careers Consultant within City Careers. Click HERE to book.
If you have specific questions around your eligibility for the programme, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org