- The appointment schedule for each term is viewable on the CareersHub Portal
- There are three types of appointments:
- 20-minute appointments for CV/Cover Letter/Application Reviews
- 20-minute appointments for Career Advice
- 40-mintue appointments for Mock Interviews/Career Guidance
- Depending on the type of appointment you select will determine whether you will be seen by an application advisor or a careers consultant. Application Advisers are only available during term-time, they have been fully trained by our Careers Consultants to check your CV, Cover Letter and/or Job Applications. Careers Consultants provide career guidance and advice about job searching, internships, assessment centres, psychometric tests, interviews, placements or postgraduate study
- Each appointment type can be booked once every 7 days (expectations may be made according to availability)
- All appointment types should be booked online via CareersHub; 20-minute appointments are released every day at 5:30PM for the following day whereas 40-minute appointments are bookable two weeks in advance.
- Same-day appointments are contingent on availability. If there are any appointments still available on-the-day, these are bookable either online via CareersHub, dropping-in to the Careers Service, phone or emailing us.
- Please click here for more information on how to book an appointment and the necessary steps
- If you experience any technical difficulties when trying to book an appointment, the first course of action we would suggest taking, is to attempt booking an appointment again the following day. If you’re still unable to book an appointment, please email Career Services (email@example.com) and provide a screen shot of the error message and we will investigate this for you and try rectify the issue as soon as possible.
- As a result of unforeseen circumstances you can no longer attend your appointment, please cancel your appointment as soon as you know you will not be able to attend. For 20-minute appointments the latest you can cancel is 1 hour before your scheduled appointment time. For 40-minute appointments any cancellations need to be made at least 24-hours in advance
- To avoid any sanctions on your account it is important you cancel your appointment within the specified time. If you are marked absent from 2 or more appointments or events within a two week period, you will be banned from booking further appointments or events for the next two weeks. The purpose of this is to ensure a fair opportunity to all students, so by cancelling your appointment in advance another student is able to utilise the appointment or in cases of events, take an available space which would otherwise be unutilised
- If you anticipate you will be late for your appointment, in the first instance it is preferred you call or email in advance so we can inform the career consultant/application advisor. If you cannot inform us ahead of time but attend less than 10-minutes late, you will still be seen and marked as attended. However, if you are more than 10-minutes late you will be marked as absent, although your consultant/advisor, at their discretion, may choose to see you for the remaining duration of the appointment.