Building the Vision
In 2012 we invested more than £15M in improvements to City's estate. While these improvements were underway we finalised the Estates Strategy 2012-2017. This document sets out the ways in which we will transform our estate over the coming years, in order to achieve our Vision for 2016, described in our Strategic Plan 2012-2016.
The funding for our estate development has been agreed, up to a possible £130M, and many significant projects have already been delivered. Read our review of the progress made to date.
The coming years will see the creation of stunning new spaces and mark a step change in how our built environment meets the developing nature of our academic endeavour: education, research and enterprise.
These pages set out our plans in detail. You can read about:
- Information on each project currently taking place, with key milestones, artist's impressions, floor plans and contact details
- Information on completed 2012 - 2014 projects
- Our new Building the Vision exhibition space, where you can view plans and models of our new facilities
- The emerging design for a planned new landmark building on Sebastian Street
- Ways in which you can feed back your views on our plans.
For further details, please watch the short video: