Workshop on Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents
The 24th Annual Workshop on Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents (WEHIA)
24th - 26th June 2019
The Workshop on Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents (WEHIA) is the annual conference of the Society for Economic Studies with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents. WEHIA 2019 represents a unique opportunity to present and discuss the latest research on various aspects of the economy as a complex system made up of heterogeneous interacting agents. Research from different domains – economics, psychology, sociology, computer sciences, engineering, physics – can prove useful in developing new insightful approaches to key issues such as the origin, development and mitigation of financial crises, unemployment and poverty, income and wealth inequality and many others.
- Agent Based Models (ABMs): theory and computation, calibration and estimation
- Macroeconomic ABMs: emergence of financially driven business fluctuations and crises, growth and technical change, sustainable development and climate change
- DSGE models with heterogeneous agents
- Microeconomic ABMs: emergence of market structure
- Economic and financial networks
- Econophysics: application of statistical physics methods and percolation theory to economic issues
- Experimental economics
- Bounded rationality and learning
- Evolutionary game theory
- Spatial agent models and urban complex adaptive systems
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in Economics
- Deadline for submission of extended abstracts: 28 February 2019.
- Notification of acceptance: 31 March 2019
- Deadline for early registration: 30 April 2019
- Deadline for full paper delivery: 31 May 2019
- Registration deadline for all ticket types: 12 June 2019
- Workshop: 24-26 June 2019
WEHIA PhD Summer School 2019
Prizes (new this year)
The Bank of England will award the best policy-relevant paper prize.