Department of Music
Title of thesis: An exploration of the role of Scottish Music in the construction and negotiation of a Scottish identity among the Scottish diaspora in London
Supervisor: Dr Laudan Nooshin
Higher educational background
- MA in Sociology - Aberdeen University
- PG Dip. Mus. - The Open University
- MA in Music - The Open University
Overview and research interests
Ongoing fieldwork among the Scottish diaspora in London.
- Music and Identity
- Scottish music
- Presentation at City University London, 2013.
- Presentation at Symposium at Royal Holloway University, 2013.
- Presentation at Musica Scotica Conference at Glasgow University, 2011.
- Presentation at Musica Scotica Conference in Glasgow at The Royal Academy of Music and Drama, 2010.