1. Alumni benefits
  2. Graduation
  3. Gallery
  4. News
  5. Alumni ambassadors
  6. Careers and professional development
  7. Alumni businesses and services directory
  8. Support us
  9. FAQs
  10. Contact us
  11. Update your details
  12. Privacy Notice
  13. Replacement certificates
  14. Verify Student Qualifications

Replacement certificates

Due to the current the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we regret to announce that City, University of London Registry Services are unable to produce and send degree certificates until further notice.

If you require any formal confirmation of your studies please contact and we will endeavour to provide this until a full service can be reopened.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Replacement Certificates

We do not keep copies of certificates, but if you do need a Replacement Certificate we can produce one for you. Please note that only one hard copy of your certificate can be in existence at any one time, and a replacement will only be issued in the event that the original certificate has been lost, stolen or destroyed.

To order a Replacement Certificate, please click here. We aim to post Replacement Certificates within 10 working days of receipt of your request. You should note that this certificate is not a transcript; if you need a transcript, you should contact your School Office; please note that historical requests for transcripts prior to 2004 may take up to two months to process.

Please note that a charge of £40 applies for a Replacement Certificate.

Please note that if you are requesting a certificate for a module you completed as part of your studies at the School of Health Sciences, you should contact your department.

Certified photocopies of Certificates

We can authenticate photocopies of certificates for you. Please send us the copies of your certificate (we don't need to see the original) and we will stamp them to confirm that they are true copies of an original document, and sign them on behalf of the Academic Registrar. There is no charge for this service. Please scan (pdf. format) and email your original certificate to us at , together with your postal address and we will produce and post an authenticated copy for you.

Changes to Degree Certificates following City joining the University of London

On the 1st September 2016, City University joined the University of London and is now known as City, University of London.  Degree certificates must show the name of the institution at the time that the degree was awarded, however, so if you were awarded prior to that date then you cannot request a replacement degree certificate showing the new name. Only students awarded on or after the 1st September 2016 can be a given a degree certificate with the name 'City, University of London'.

Please note that the award date refers to when your degree was officially agreed and conferred, not the date of your graduation ceremony or any other date.

For information purposes we have provided a letter that explains the change of name.