1. Accommodation
  2. Undergraduate accommodation
  3. International & exchange students

International & exchange students

City, University of London works with several third party housing providers offering safe and modern accommodation within easy travelling distance of the main City buildings. If you are coming to City as an International Student for the full academic year you are eligible to apply for accommodation in City's nominated halls. If you are going to be studying an undergraduate course you will be bound by the conditions of City's accommodation Guarantee Scheme for undergraduate students.

Exchange and Erasmus students who are only studying at City for one semester can also apply for accommodation through our Study Abroad Office.

They have a limited number of rooms with shorter contract lengths which run from September to December and January to June. Priority for rooms is given to students from organisations that have an official agreement with the Study Abroad Office. Prices and room availability are available on request through the Study Abroad Office.

Kaplan International College & INTO students

If you are going to be studying a pre-entry course, or any other course in preparation for joining either a foundation or undergraduate course at City you will not be entitled to accommodation in City's nominated halls of residence. Students from Kaplan and INTO should speak to their course director or student support staff about accommodation options prior to joining City.

Immigration and visas

If you are coming to study at City from outside the European Union (EU), you will need to apply for a visa. Our dedicated team of International Student Advisers can assist should you need advice on your application.

For the purposes of applying for a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, please be aware that you cannot offset any money that you have paid for accommodation in any of the City Halls of Residence against the Maintenance Requirement for the Tier 4 application, as our Halls of Residence are owned and operated by private providers. This means that accommodation fees paid to another company cannot be counted towards the Maintenance Requirement as the UK Border Agency will not accept formal receipts for payments to any organisation other than City.

Please also note that it is not a requirement of a Tier 4 student visa that you have a UK address at the time of making your visa application.

For more information about meeting the Tier 4 requirements and how our team of International Student Advisors can help, please visit our Visa & immigration advice section.