We participate in the WOW! Awards to offer a platform for you to say thank you to staff who went the extra mile to help you and gave you the WOW! factor
Make a nomination today!
Here at City, University of London we value exceptional service, both externally to our students and stakeholders, and internally across departments, working together to consistently provide a positive and rewarding experience. Anyone can make a nomination to one of our staff members as long as they meet our four criteria:
- The nomination has to be about something that makes people go "WOW!" because it is an example of great customer service
- The nomination needs to be about something that happened recently, not something which took place a long time ago
- It must be about a genuine customer service experience - something that has happened to you personally and which has impressed you
- You cannot nominate a staff member for an award if you have personal involvement with them (i.e. if they are a member of your family, or a close personal friend, for instance)
If you would like to nomination a member of staff for a WOW! Award, please fill out the nomination form below:
WOW! certificate of excellence winners December 2017
|Human Resources||Neha Mistry|
|International Partnerships and Development||Jamie Avery|
|Library Services||Diane Bell|
|Student and Academic Services||Keith Pearson|
What are the WOW! Awards?
The WOW! Awards is the UK's only national award scheme which relies purely on nominations when recognising good service provided by an individual. This unique and exciting award programme really helps organisations to give even better service by "catching people doing things right".
When you want to say "thank you", The WOW! Awards provides a quick and easy way for you to compliment great service, and we'll make sure your nominee sees your feedback and knows what a star they are.
Each nomination is special to that individual and they truly value you taking the time to show your appreciation.
Who is participating?
City, University of London has teamed up with The WOW! Awards to enable customers to recognise and reward great service when they receive it from the staff working in the following City departments:
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- International Office
- International Partnerships and Development
- Learning Enhancement and Development
- Library Services
- Marketing and Communications
- Property and Facilities
- Research and Enterprise
- Strategic Planning and Performance
- Student and Academic Services
Cass Business School, School of Arts and Social Sciences, School of Health Sciences and The City Law School have also teamed up with The WOW! Awards. If you would like to nominate a member of staff from these Schools, please click the link to be redirected to their nomination page.
However it’s not just City who participate in this scheme. The WOW! Awards work across over 50 organisations in the UK, USA, Australia and more recently, Bermuda. These organisations span across many sectors: education, property management, housing associations, utilities and the NHS being just a few.
The WOW! Awards are growing year on year with new organisations joining the community all of the time. In 2016 they processed just shy of 22,000 nominations with 21% receiving winning certificates. The best of the best are then considered as potential finalists in their WOW! Gala Ceremony at the end of each year. In the first two months of this year alone the WOW! Awards have received just under 4,000 nominations meaning they are set to have another record breaking year of customer compliments!
The WOW! Awards Gala Ceremony 2017
This year colleagues within City were shortlisted for a national award in the following categories:
- Unsung Hero Award - Chris Stone, Admissions Officer
- Customer Experience Professional of the Year - Polly Penter, Senior International Student Adviser
- Workplace of the Year - City, University of London
Congratulations to Chris who went on to win Unsung Hero Award as well as to Polly and City for being shortlisted.