Guaranteed Interview Scheme
Disability Confident Scheme
Creating a culture and environment in which our staff feel comfortable to disclose a disability is important to City, University of London. We are proud to be a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, which was launched in July 2016 and replaced the previous Two Ticks Symbol scheme.
The Disability Confident Scheme recognise employers who are committed to supporting applications from candidates with a disability of long term health condition. As part of City's ongoing commitment to diversity and equality we have committed to:
- Interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- Discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both they and their manager can do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- Make every effort when employees become disabled to ensure they stay in employment
- Take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- Review these commitments annually to assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve and let employees know about progress and future plans
If you are disabled and would like to be considered under the guaranteed interview scheme, please select YES when prompted as you complete your application.