Multimedia Design and Development
- Demonstrate the importance of planning in a multimedia production environment and some of the tools and techniques used e.g. storyboarding and navigation charts; evaluate techniques used to capture, edit, store and present multimedia data, in particular images and movies
- Demonstrate competencies in the use of a widely used multimedia authoring tool e.g. Adobe Edge; evaluate the issues involved in multimedia delivery on the World Wide Web
- Use a multimedia scripting language to add further interactivity to their applications. In modern interactive media development it is imperative to produce compelling, tangible interfaces with engaging, dynamic multimedia content - images, video material, animated graphics - and non-linear navigation scenarios.
You will be able to choose from a number of contexts in which to develop your multimedia expertise
Whatever your preferred choice, you will:
- Learn how to use interface design - colour, aesthetics, layout - to best compliment and enhance the content of your application;
- Use animated graphics, video material and other multimedia content to convey meaning;
- Create scenes, actions and control components to develop non-linear navigation;
- Develop a functional, interactive application according to a given brief and well defined set of requirements.
- "The course contents were clear and concise, aiming to teach the technical and aesthetics basics needed to begin working with multimedia."
- "The teaching staff has been very helpful and concerned about our learning."