Free Legal Advice Clinic
Looking for free legal advice?
City University provides free legal advice to members of the public
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you to arrange a call to take some preliminary information and decide if we can make an appointment for you. You can telephone us in office hours on 02070401917 and leave a message with your name and phone number.
We are registered as a LawWorks clinic.
Areas we may be able to help with
- Housing and Landlord and Tennant (public and Private)
- Contract disputes
- Sale of Goods
- Neighbour disputes (nuisance)
- Clinical Negligence
- Personal Injury and small Claims
Phone 02070401917 or email email@example.com
Company Insolvency Clinic has its own email firstname.lastname@example.org
We can assist with the following:
- Advice on the law and procedure in the winding up court
- How to make or respond to a winding up petition
- Representation on your behalf before the winding up court
- What will happen after a winding up order is made
- How to apply for a validation order, rescission/appeal of a winding up order
- Provide you with guides on how to make the applications at v) above and how to write a witness statement
We also provide free legal help for Litigants-in-Person (LiPs) appearing before the winding up court on Wednesdays. We operate from Consultation Room 17 in the High Court, Rolls Building, Fetter Lane, London.
We will arrange a conference with a barrister via Zoom
The Clinic helps our students acquire the skills and experience they will need to practise as lawyers. Advice will be given by fully qualified lawyers or postgraduate students.
We aim to comply with the professional standards applicable to the legal profession. However, we are not regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and do not hold ourselves out to be a solicitor's practice.
During the COVID-19 crisis, we are still offering free legal advice, but all appointments will take place Virtually using video or telephone conferencing.