Staff at The City Law School devised the first skills-based Bar training course and they continue to share their expertise through publications that are used by both practitioners and Bar students.
Our staff also share their knowledge through the “Bar manuals” series, written specifically for Bar students and published by Oxford University Press (OUP). This series covers the compulsory subjects taught on the Bar course.
You receive copies of course manuals when you enrol on one of our Bar Vocational Studies programmes.
Titles in this series include:
- Conference Skills
- Criminal Litigation and Sentencing and Evidence
- Opinion Writing, Case Preparation and Legal Research
- Professional Ethics
For full information on the publications in this series please visit the Oxford University Press website.
Other texts written by Bar Vocational Studies programme staff
- Sime, S., Browne, J, Laurenti, L, Blackstone’s Civil Practice (Oxford University Press, annual)
- Blake, S., Sime, S., Browne, J., Jackson ADR Handbook (Oxford University Press, 2016)
- McKeown, P, and Keane, A., Modern Law of Evidence (Oxford University Press, 2018)
- Hungerford-Welch, P., Criminal Procedure and Sentencing (Routledge, 2019)
- Professor Peter Hungerford-Welch also contributes to Blackstone’s Criminal Practice (Oxford University Press, annual) and the Criminal Law Review.