The City Law School is one of the oldest and most respected law schools in the UK. We are a world renowned institution and a leading provider of high quality training for the legal profession.
The school is part of City, University of London, and has for many years provided unique and specially tailored short courses for international students, as well as for qualified lawyers.
The programmes will give international delegates an essential insight into the English legal system, and can cover elements of commercial law and dispute resolution according to individual requirements.
Participants will receive tuition from some of UK’s leading law teachers and have opportunities to network with members of the English legal profession.
Our range of English Common Law programmes can be delivered at our teaching facilities in central London. The duration of the courses can be adjusted to suit your needs and certificates will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
Who is this for?
- Overseas government bodies looking to learn about the UK legal system
- Law firms
- Academic Institutions interested in sending their students to the UK for 1-4 weeks as part of their study
- Agents organising foreign trips for groups of lawyers
- Business schools and Law schools offering a module in International Law as part of their MA
- Lawyers and students who have a need to learn how arbitration in the UK operates.
Students will study bespoke short courses including:
- Contract law
- Civil Litigation
- Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Pleadings & Remedies
- Company Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Delegates will also have the option to take part in additional activities such as:
- Visit to The Royal Courts of Justice
- Walking tour of legal London and the financial district
- Visit to a leading London law firm
- Dinner at one of the prestigious Inns of Court
- Visit to Barristers' chambers.
Our international clients include
- Astana International Financial Centre and the Supreme Court of Kazakhstan
- The Kuwait Council of Ministers (Department of Legal Advice & Legislation)
- International Criminal Court (The Hague)
- The South African Legal Aid Board
- ESCP-EAP European School of Management (Paris)
- The European Commission in Brussels
- Tharawat Family Business Forum (MENA region).
To find out more about the personalised in-house training we can offer to your organisation, please call +44 (0)20 7040 0323 or email email@example.com.