Research at the School of Health Sciences
Research in the School of Health Sciences is organised into 6 centres:
- Centre for Applied Vision Research
- Centre for Health Services Research
- Centre for Healthcare Innovation Research
- Centre for Language Communication Sciences Research
- Centre for Maternal and Child Health Research
- Centre for Mental Health Research
World-leading healthcare research that impacts policy, service delivery and practice.
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), 82 percent research activity from the School of Health Sciences was rated as either world leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*), an improvement of nearly 20 percent compared to the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) results in 2008 (63.6 percent).
For research power the School is ranked 1st in London and 9th in the UK for Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health for research strength*. The School scored 100% at 3* and 4* on its research Environment and Impact.
*Grade Point Average multiplied by the number of Full Time Equivalent staff