Postgraduate pre-registration loan options
The Department of Health and Social Care confirmed that from August 2018 the following courses are eligible for tuition fee and maintenance loans via Student Finance England. The loan will support your studies and enable you to start a rewarding career in healthcare. More information can be found on the Government website and on the official Council of Deans of Health website.
You will be able to apply to obtain a loan for the duration of your studies, in the same way you would apply for a loan for undergraduate courses. Please check the Student Loans Company website for more details.
- MSc Adult Nursing (pre-registration)
- MSc Child Nursing (pre-registration)
- MSc Mental Health Nursing (pre-registration)
- MSc Adult and Mental Health Nursing (pre-registration)
- MSc Speech and Language Therapy
Fast-track your career
These graduate-entry courses allow graduates from a wide range of disciplines to gain a pre-registration health qualification in approximately two years, providing a fast-track route into health professions.
Further information about student loans
- If you have already received a student loan for a previous undergraduate course, you are eligible to apply for a second loan for one of these courses.
- You are not required to start repaying your loan until you are earning over the threshold, which is currently £25,000 for undergraduate courses.
More information about how to apply for these loans, along with details of any further financial support you may be eligible for can be found on the Government website and on the official Council of Deans of Health website.
Additional financial support available
You may be able to get support from other sources depending on your circumstances. Find out what City has available.
The Learning Support Fund
To support the clinical placement element of your studies, the government is offering the following non-repayable grants through the Learning Support Fund:
- £1,000 Child Dependants Allowance
- Up to £3,000 for exceptional hardship
- Reimbursement of additional travel and accommodation costs over normal daily travel to clinical placements
You can read more about these services and apply.