MSc Projects with Lucy Dipper
General research interests
I am interested in the effect of language impairment upon gesture; cognition; and verb & sentence processing. I am happy to supervise any projects which involve the use of linguistics (semantics, syntax and pragmatics) to investigate language and communication.
Suggested MSc projects
Language and gesture
- How does aphasia affect gesturing?
- How does SLI affect gesturing?
Language and cognition
How do language and cognition interact in, so-called, 'thinking for speaking' (Slobin, 1996)?
Does aphasia affect 'thinking for speaking'?
Does child language impairment affect 'thinking for speaking'?
Previous MSc projects
- Comprehension and Production of verbs: Normative data.
- Comprehension and Production of verbs: case studies of adults with non-fluent aphasia.
- Sampling language production in non-fluent aphasia on a task using everyday utterances.
- The Boston Naming Test in Greek: Normative data and the effects of age and education
- Recovery patterns in Right Hemisphere Communication Disorders
- Conversation analysis of 3 individuals with right hemisphere language problems
- Comprehension and Production of verbs: data from normally developing children aged 3yrs and 5yrs
- Case Study: Comprehension and Production of noun and verb morphology by an adolescent with Down Syndrome
- The use of Standard English and Black English by male adolescents in a South London school
Linguistics, aphasia, cognition, semantics, syntax, pragmatics, language, communication, verbs