The School of Health Sciences is offering three full/part-time Doctoral Studentships to exceptional candidates. We are a leading school of applied healthcare research and we offer PhD candidates an outstanding research environment.
Three Doctoral Studentships with the School of Health Sciences to commence 1st October 2019
Closing Date: Midday, 28th August 2019
In REF 2014, 100% of our research environment was judged as world leading or internationally excellent and 100% of research impact was judged as world leading or internationally excellent. In the recent Postgraduate Research Experience Survey, 96% of PhD students responding rated the expertise and responsiveness of their supervisors as excellent. Successful applicants would join a thriving group of 70 current PhD students in the School, providing a supportive environment of peers.
What is Offered
A doctoral studentship will provide:
- An annual bursary (£16,777 in 2019/20)
- All fees for PhD student registration paid for UK and EU students. Applications are welcome from overseas applicants but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee
- Research costs up to £1000 over the three years.
The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge-research.
- Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree or merit level Masters degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
- Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 7.0 in IELTS or a recognised equivalent
- Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City, University of London or any other academic institution.
Applications are welcome from individuals wishing to pursue research on one of the topics created by supervisors.
How to Apply
To apply for studentship funding:
- Complete an application form for a place on the PhD programme - you will be asked to register before you can complete your application
- Upload a short cover letter with your application.
- Why you think you are the best candidate for this studentship?
- Outline previous relevant experience
- Maximum 2 pages (650 words, font 12).
Submit your online application form and supporting documents by mid-day Wednesday 28 August 2019.
If you have any queries, please contact the doctoral degrees support officer, Tracy Rowson (T.Rowson@city.ac.uk).
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on Wednesday 11th September 2019.