All Speech and Language Therapy training sessions are jointly run with London's Global University.
Please note that all practice educators should complete a Practice Educators training day before taking students on placement.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice Educator Training
Please read an overview of the training session.
- you should be a Band 6 therapist or a therapist with 1yr+ post-registration experience and completed all NQPs
- HCPC registration
- RCSLT or personal professional indemnity insurance.
Practice Educator Training days for 2020-21
Due to the current circumstances around COVID-19 training dates for 2020-21 will be hosted via Zoom. These sessions will satisfy the requirements for PE supervision and are appropriate for individuals requiring initial PE training or update training.
Please note that bookings for the training days can only be made via links below, these will be 2.5 hour interactive virtual sessions:
- Wednesday 17 March 2021 (1.00pm - 3.30pm) – Book your place now.
Placements Coordinators Network meetings
We welcome SLT Placement Coordinators to join us for a networking event. At this meeting you can expect to:
- receive updates about the universities’ clinical placements programmes
- receive a summary of students’ feedback on placements
- provide the universities with feedback about service-specific issues
- discuss and problem-solve placements issues with SLT colleagues from other services.
These meetings are held twice a year:
- Tuesday 25 May 2021 (10.00am – 12.00pm) – Book your place now.
We will confirm soon if the meeting on Tuesday 25 May will be virtual or face-to-face.
Annual Practice Educator Workshop
The Annual Practice Educator Workshop will take place on Tuesday 25 May 2021, 1.00pm – 3.00pm. We will confirm soon if this will be a virtual or face-to-face event. Book your place for APEW.
Bespoke training at your workplace
We are also able to come to your place of work to provide either initial or advanced practice educator training sessions for a whole team. We request that there be a minimum of 20 participants for us to do this. Please contact us if you would like us to run a session at your place of work.