Matías Muñoz Hernandez
Department of Culture & Creative Industries
PhD title: Collaborative Funding Mechanisms for the Arts Sector in Chile and the Global South.
Supervisor: Professor Andy C. Pratt
Summary of current doctoral research
Matías´ research analyses public/private and national/international funding mechanisms for the cultural industry. The objective of his study is to improve the volume of resources that artistic initiatives receive in Chile and the Global South. The reason focuses on this region owing to the inequality of the market share of cultural production and exports world wide.
Therefore, the aim of his study is to diminish the gaps between cultural production from developed and developing countries through the construction of a framework based on collaborative funding models for the arts sector.
- State cultural policies
- Budget engineering for the cultural field
- Funding mechanisms for the arts sector
- Exports of cultural good and services
- Cultural economic models
- Cultural diplomacy.
Higher education background
- MA Arts and Cultural Management, King´s College London, United Kingdom, 2016 – 2017
- MA Finance (Hons), Universidad de Chile, Chile, 2011 – 2013
- BSc Business and Economics (Hons), Universidad de Chile, Chile, 2006 – 2010.
Public Presentations and Conference Papers
- Policy Idol, King´s College London, 2017
- King´s Cultural Challenge: The Culture Hack 2017, King´s College London, 2017.