Thesis title: Integrity of temporal processing in autism spectrum disorder and implications for communicative behaviour
Overview and research interests
The aim of Anna's current research is to investigate time perception and timing in individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and to test whether atypical time perception could impact on social reciprocal behaviour.
The first aspect of the research aims to characterise time perception in ASD, using explicit and implicit temporal judgement tasks. The second aspect targets putative differences in the timing of social behaviours such as speech and gestures production and comprehension, in individuals with and without ASD.
- Perception of time, timing
- Perception of time, space and quantity
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Speech and gesture integration
Anna has an MSc in Cognitive Neuroscience from the Ecole Normale Superieure (Paris, France) and a BSc in Biology from the Lycee Pierre de Fermat (Toulouse, France) and the Ecole Normale Superieure (Paris, France).
- Lambrechts, A. Walsh, V. & van Wassenhove, V. (accepted). Evidence accumulation in the magnitude system. PLoS ONE.
- Lambrechts A., Karolis, V., Garcia, S., Obende, J., & Cappelletti, M. (accepted). Age does not count: resilience of quantity processing in healthy aging. Frontiers in Developmental Psychology.
- Maras, K. L., Memon, A., Lambrechts, A., & Bowler, D. M. (2012). Recall of a live and personally experienced eyewitness event by adults with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
- Lambrechts, A., Mella, N., Pouthas, V. & Noulhiane, M. (2011). Subjectivity of time perception: a visual emotional orchestration, Frontiers in Neuroscience, 5(73), 1-16.
- Skoruppa K., Lambrechts A. and Peperkamp S., The Role of Phonetic Distance in the Acquisition of Phonological Alternations, Proceeding of NELS 39, November 2008
- Lambrechts A., Yarrow, K. and Gaigg, S. B. (2013). Typical and atypical profiles of temporal perception in Autism Spectrum Disorders. International Meeting For Autism Research in San Sebastian, Spain.
- Lambrechts A., Yarrow, K., Maras K., and Gaigg S. (2013). Speech and gesture coordination in Autism Spectrum Disorders. Training school "Timing and time perception: Procedures, measures and applications" in Corfu, Greece.
- Lambrechts A., Yarrow, K. and Gaigg, S. B. (2012). Temporal perception in the auditory, visual and audio-visual modalities in Autism Spectrum Disorders. Workshop - "Temporal processing within and across senses" in Tuebingen, Germany.
- Lambrechts A., Yarrow K., and Gaigg S. B. (2012). Investigating the temporal characteristics of speech and gesture coordination in Autism Spectrum Disorders (planned research). Training schools "Temporal processing in clinical populations" in Thessaloniki, Greece and "Dynamical systems for psychological timing and timing speech processing" in Vietri, Italy.
- Lambrechts A., Walsh V. and van Wassenhove V. (2011), A magnitude system for the processing of time, space and quantity? Symposium "Time and the Conscious Brain", Bremen, Germany.
In 2011-2012 Anna was a demonstrator for the 2nd year 'Research methods in Psychology' module and in 2012-2013 she was a teaching fellow for the 1st year "Professional and academic development for psychologists" module.