London EC1V 0HB
Sevil is a full-time PhD research student at the Division of Language and Communication Science Department. She is broadly interested in speech, language and communication impairments in looked-after children (LAC).
In her research, she aims to determine the nature of language development and possible developmental disorders (DLD) in LAC aged between 5 to 14-years. She is interested in specific factors associated with this population's language difficulties and how they are related to LAC’s educational attainment and, social and emotional well-being. She works under the supervision of Professor Gary Morgan and Professor Nicola Botting.
Sevil holds an MSc in Speech, Language and Communication Needs in Schools: Advanced Practice. She also holds a BSc degree in The Dynamics of Mental Health Practice and a BA degree in Teacher Training. Additionally, Sevil is a trained Makaton Language Programme Regional Tutor.
Prior to joining City's LCS department, Sevil worked with LAC, children and young people with communication difficulties, and special educational needs/disabilities (SEND) for over 20-years in London and overseas. These professional backgrounds have contributed towards Sevil's successful recruitment process for her research project and helped her build good working relationships with professionals in this field of study.
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA), City, University London, United Kingdom, Jan – Oct 2020
- MSc- Speech, Language and Communication Needs in Schools: Advanced Practise, City, University London, United Kingdom, Sep 2015 – Jul 2018
- BSc Degree in The Dynamics of Mental Health Practice, Middlesex University, United Kingdom, Sep 2015 – Jun 2018
- 4. BA Degree, Teacher Training,, Pamukkale University, Turkey, Sep 1996 – Jun 2000
- British Sign Language Level 1, November 2015, Signature Excellence in Communication with Deaf People, United Kingdom
- Makaton Regional Tutor, August 2011, The Makaton Charity, United Kingdom
- PTTLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector), August 2011, City and Guilds, United Kingdom
- Health and Social Care level 4, November 2011, City and Guilds
English and Turkish.