- Sathiyanarayanan, M., Varadarajan, V. and Pradeep, K.V. (2019). Visual analytics on spatial time series for environmental data. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, 8(1C2), pp. 1173–1181.
- Junejo, A.K., Komninos, N., Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Chowdhry, B.S. (2019). Trustee: A Trust Management System for Fog-enabled Cyber Physical Systems. IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing. doi:10.1109/TETC.2019.2957394.
London EC1V 0HB
Mithileysh Sathiyanarayanan is a PhD researcher whose research interests include data science, data visualisation, information visualisation, human-computer interaction and social informatics. He has a proven track record of successfully carrying out academic & industry-driven research in the UK for six years in the field of computer science. His PhD thesis is on “Visual Analytics-assisted Active Learning (human-in-the-loop) for E-mail Data to support Digital Forensics and E-discovery in an Organisation”. The project is in collaboration with Red Sift, a cyber security & data analytic company in London. The project involves developing design frameworks, conceptual designs, prototypes (visual solutions), and machine learning. The solutions are deployed successfully in the Google Suite (the solutions are interfaced with the GMAIL platform). Several papers pertaining to the above topics are published in the peer-reviewed International conferences.
As a Researcher at the University of Brighton (UK), he worked with Nokia Labs team in the area of data analysis & information visualisation. As a Research Consultant at Srishti i2i Biz Solutions (headquartered in the USA), he was involved in deploying various innovative solutions in the area of data analytics & visualisation. The project used several latest technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT) & Artificial Intelligence. He played a key role in the requirement collection, design process, data analysis, visualisation, capacity building, quality assurance and research dissemination through publications & presentations. He has a very good experience working with the researchers & industry experts in India, US & Europe.
He has managed both teaching and research very well which include supervising students in computer science. In particular, teaching a wide range of courses, from first-year to advanced computer science courses using innovative teaching approaches (research-led and practice- driven) by relating the topics in hand to real-world applications.
- Master of Research, Swansea University, United Kingdom, Oct 2011 – Sep 2012
- Bachelor of Engineering, Visvesvaraya Technological University, India, Sep 2007 – Jun 2011
Publications by category
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Fadahunsi, O. (2019). Circle-time packing: Visualization and decision support for digital cloud computing. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (pp. 519–524).
- Achunala, D., Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Abubakar, B. (2018). Traffic classification analysis using OMNeT++. (pp. 417–422). ISBN 978-981-10-3375-9.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Alsaffar, M. (2018). Euler-time diagrams: A set visualisation technique analysed over time. (pp. 339–344). ISBN 978-981-10-3375-9.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Alsaffar, M. (2017). Small multiples Euler-time diagrams for software engineering. (pp. 299–307).
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Abubakar, B. (2016). MCDRR packet scheduling algorithm for multi-channel wireless networks. (pp. 125–131). ISBN 978-81-322-2528-7.
Conference papers and proceedings (31)
- Sathiyanarayanan, M., Turkay, C. and Fadahunsi, O. (2018). Design and implementation of small multiples matrix-based visualisation to monitor and compare email socio-organisational relationships.
- Jahagirdar, N., Hiremath, A., Balan, S. and Sathiyanarayanan, M. (2018). Enhanced road edge detection (E-RED) for an autonomous planetary rover.
- Turki, A.M. and Sathiyanarayanan, M. (2018). The Impact of Culture Gender on the Perception of E-commerce Portals for Branded Products.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M., Mahendra, S. and Vasu, R.B. (2018). Smart Security System for Vehicles using Internet of Things (IoT).
- Mahendra, S., Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Vasu, R.B. (2018). Smart security system for businesses using internet of things (iot).
- Rajan, S., Sathiyanarayanan, M., Prashant, S., Prashant, S.B. and Nataraj, P.L. (2018). Prevention of avoidable blindness and improving eye healthcare system in India.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M., Govindraj, V. and Jahagirdar, N. (2018). Challenges and opportunities of integrating Internet of Things (IoT) and Light Fidelity (LiFi).
- Govindraj, V., Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Abubakar, B. (2018). Customary homes to smart homes using Internet of Things (IoT) and mobile application.
- Rajan, S. and Sathiyanarayanan, M. (2018). Breast cancer awareness through smart mobile healthcare applications from Indian doctors' perspective.
- Turki, A.M. and Sathiyanarayanan, M. (2018). Importance of Mobile Learning in Improving the Quality of Educational-information Systems in the Saudi Arabian High Schools.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. (2017). Improving Visual Investigation Analysis of Digital Communication Data within E-discovery. IEEE Conference on Information Visualisation (InfoVis) 1-6 October, Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Turkay, C. (2017). Challenges and Opportunities in using Analytics Combined with Visualisation Techniques for Finding Anomalies in Digital Communications. DESI VII Workshop on Using Advanced Data Analysis in eDiscovery & Related Disciplines to Identify and Protect Sensitive Information in Large Collections 12 June, London, Uk.
- Alsaffar, M., Pemberton, L., Echavarria, K.R. and Sathiyanarayanan, M. (2017). Visual behaviour in searching information: A preliminary eye tracking study.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Rajan, S. (2017). Understanding the use of leap motion touchless device in physiotherapy and improving the healthcare system in India.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Pirozzi, D. (2017). Social network visualization: Does partial edges affect user comprehension?
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Turkay, C. (2016). Is Multi-perspective Visualisation recommended for E-discovery Email Investigations? IEEE VIS 2016 Workshop - Creation, Curation, Critique and Conditioning of Principles and Guidelines in Visualization 23 October, Baltimore, Maryland, US.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Mulling, T. (2016). Wellmatchedness in euler diagrams: An eye tracking study for informationvisualisation evaluation.
- Fadahunsi, O. and Sathiyanarayanan, M. (2016). Visualizing and analyzing dynamic business process using Petri nets.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Rajan, S. (2016). MYO Armband for physiotherapy healthcare: A case study using gesture recognition application.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Pirozzi, D. (2016). Linear-time diagram: A set visualisation technique for personal visualisation to understand social interactions over time.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Pirozzi, D. (2016). Spherule diagrams: A matrix-based set visualization compared with Euler diagrams.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Pirozzi, D. (2016). Spherule diagrams with graph for social network visualization.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Mulling, T. (2015). Wellformedness Properties in Euler Diagrams: An Eye Tracking Study for
Visualisation Evaluation. XIV Brazilian Symposiuym on Human Factors in Computing Systems 3-6 November, Salvador, Brazil.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Burlutskiy, N. (2015). Visualizing Social Networks Using a Treemap Overlaid with a Graph.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Mulling, T. (2015). Map Navigation Using Hand Gesture Recognition: A Case Study Using MYO Connector on Apple Maps.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Burlutskiy, N. (2015). Design and evaluation of euler diagram and treemap for social network visualisation.
- Mulling, T. and Sathiyanarayanan, M. (2015). Characteristics of hand gesture navigation: A case study using a wearable device (MYO).
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Howse, J. (2014). Well-matchedness in Euler diagrams.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M., Stapleton, G., Burton, J. and Howse, J. (2014). Properties of euler diagrams and graphs in combination.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Abubhakar, B. (2014). Dual MCDRR scheduler for hybrid TDM/WDM Optical Networks.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Kim, K.S. (2012). Multi-channel deficit round-robin scheduling for hybrid TDM/WDM optical networks.
Journal articles (2)
- Sathiyanarayanan, M., Turkay, C. and Dykes, J. Visualising E-mail Communication to Improve E-discovery. IEEE VIS, InfoVis Conference, 2018.
- Sathiyanarayanan, M. and Turkay, C. Determining and Visualising E-mail Subsets to Support E-discovery. IEEE VIS, InfoVis Conference, 2016.