London EC1V 0HB
Merili Pullerits joined City, University of London as a PhD student with the Violence and Society Centre in October 2019. Her research areas of interest are domestic violence and coercion, and trafficking in human beings. For her doctoral research project she is using Crime Survey for England and Wales data to examine the implications of varying the conceptualisation of domestic violence for its profile and quantity. She currently also works as a Research Associate in the Violence and Society Centre.
Prior to joining the Violence and Society Centre, Merili worked as a Researcher in the Crime and Justice team at NatCen Social Research. She worked on a range of research projects for various crime and justice related national agencies, and was involved in all stages of the research projects, including: research design, participant recruitment, data collection, analysis and report writing for both qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, Sep 2016 – Jun 2017
- BA Criminology, Durham University, United Kingdom, Sep 2013 – Jul 2016
- Research Associate, City, University of London, Jul 2019 – present
- Researcher, NatCen Social Research, Oct 2017 – Jun 2019
- Research Intern, Terre des Hommes, Jul – Sep 2017
- Professor Sylvia Walby OBE, Professor of Sociology, Director of the Violence and Society Centre
Publications by category
- Walby, S., Bell, P., Bowstead, J., Feder, G., Fraser, A., Herbert, A. … Verrall, R. (2020). Study on the economic, social and human costs of trafficking in human beings within the EU. Luxembourg: European Commission. ISBN 978-92-76-21349-9.
- Roberts, E., Sharrock, S., Pullerits, M., Barnard, M. and Turley, C. (2020). The reform prisons pilot: Research report on lessons learnt. Ministry of Justice.
- Pullerits, M., Piggott, H., Turley, C., DeMarco, J., Ghezelayagh, S., Tann, J. … Wedlake-James, T. (2020). Successes and challenges of delivering hate crime community projects. Home Office.
- Sharrock, S., Kerr, J., Pullerits, M., Roberts, E. and Sierpe, A. (2020). Evaluation of the National Child Protection Inspection programme on policing. HMICFRS.
- Pullerits, M., Turley, C., Gates, S. and DeMarco, J. (2019). Public Perceptions of Extremism: Interim summary report. Commission for Countering Extremism.
- Kerr, J., Roberts, E., Davies, M. and Pullerits, M. (2019). Process evaluation of the Global Positioning System (GPS) Electronic Monitoring Pilot: Qualitative findings. Ministry of Justice.
- Sharrock, S., Pullerits, M., Piggott, H., Edwards, S. and DeMarco, J. (2018). The experiences of victims of hate crime. NatCen Social Research.
- Bury, J., Pullerits, M., Edwards, S., Davies, C. and DeMarco, J. (2018). Enhancing Diversity in Policing. NatCen Social Research.