- Batinelli, L., Thaels, E., Leister, N., McCourt, C., Bonciani, M. and Rocca-Ihenacho, L. (2022). What are the strategies for implementing primary care models in maternity? A systematic review on midwifery units. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 22(1). doi:10.1186/s12884-022-04410-x.
- Rayment, J., Rocca-Ihenacho, L., Newburn, M., Thaels, E., Batinelli, L. and Mcourt, C. (2020). The development of midwifery unit standards for Europe. Midwifery, 86, pp. 102661–102661. doi:10.1016/j.midw.2020.102661.
- Walker, S., Batinelli, L., Rocca-Ihenacho, L. and McCourt, C. (2018). ‘Keeping birth normal’: Exploratory evaluation of a training package for midwives in an inner-city, alongside midwifery unit. Midwifery, 60, pp. 1–8. doi:10.1016/j.midw.2018.01.011.
- Batinelli, L., Serafini, A., Nante, N., Petraglia, F., Severi, F.M. and Messina, G. (2018). Induction of labour: clinical predictive factors for success and failure. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 38(3), pp. 352–358. doi:10.1080/01443615.2017.1361388.
London EC1V 0HB
Laura is a clinical academic midwife currently working full-time on her PhD. The focus of her research project is how to implement midwifery units in a European context such as Italy. She is supporting the maternity team in her hometown in Tuscany to open an alongside midwifery unit and she is particularly interested to research the organisational, professional and cultural levels of the implementation process in this type of contexts. Since 2015, she has also been working clinically in a London NHS Trust being mainly involved in intrapartum care both in the high-risk setting and in the alongside midwifery unit.
- Associate Fellow (AFHEA), Advance HE, United Kingdom, Oct 2020
- Transfer to PhD, City, University of London, England, UK, May 2020
- Master module APM043, City, University London, United Kingdom, Aug 2018
- Midwifery Masters, University of Florence, Italy, Mar 2015
- BSc Midwifery, University of Siena, Italy, Nov 2013
- Supporting the implementation and scaling-up of midwifery units in Europe: how can capacity in the maternity workforce be developed?, City, University London, London, United Kingdom, Feb 2019 – Jan 2022
- Research midwife - NIHR KM Project, City, University of London, 2017 – 2019
- Clinical midwife, St George's Hospital, Jul 2015 – Mar 2019
English and Italian.
- Professor Christine McCourt, Professor of Maternal and Child Health
- Dr Lucia Rocca-Ihenacho, Lecturer in Midwifery